What other games than GeneRally you play?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
felipebart

Re: What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by felipebart »

Civilization 4, Minecraft and DotA.
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

I was playing GTR2 and... wow! that was close! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RodSk8Punk

Anyone playing Tony Hawk HD on PS3?

Post by RodSk8Punk »

Hey guys, long time no see.

I have been away from generally for a while now, don't even check the forums very often, though I do play it from time to time...

...anyway, as I was saying, I just got THPS HD for PS3, and I really liked it. I got Platinum trophy on it. Are it's trophies easy compared to other games (this is my first platinum, but I do know other games at least have MORE trophies)?

Anyone likes skating games here too? And is on PS3, and have THPS HD?

I don't really have many friends on my PS3 account, and playing with someone this way is a lot better than those random matches.

If anyone want to play it (or Skate 3, or Gran Turismo 5), add me: RodSk8Dude
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Anyone playing Tony Hawk HD on PS3?

Post by XYY »

I used to play THPS2 a lot when I was like 8 or 9 years old. I also have THPS3, THUG2 and THAW. But what a pity that they only release some of the best games exclusively for Playstation (This and THUG) :doh: And then I also played THPS 1 - 3 in N64 Emulator. it's funny to see the extreme differences from PC-THPS3 to N64-THPS3 :cool:
I can't of course say anything about the difficulty of the HD THPS :rofl: but I would like to play it once :bsmile: although it contains only reworked old levels if I'm right
Paw

Post by Paw »

Topic merged into already existing one.
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Welp, I got this package today... :D It has the press edition or other fan stuff from the games:

Gran Turismo 4
Gran Turismo 5
Resistance
Journey
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
WRC
Resistance
God of War

Unwrapping them in the video.

All I can say is that if there was a smiley to show how happy I am about this pack, it would have a smile that does a full 360 degree circle around the face.

And RodSk8Punk, I just added you... As for the others, my PS3 nick is onensane.
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I've started playing RuneScape again... today my account was mistakenly banned in a Jagex mess-up and fortunately was quite rapidly unbanned...
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Counter Strike. Not the online one. It's my first FPS...
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

(Continuing from the picture thread.
Otto Wilson wrote:Now WRC has a proper game, since 2005! :P
Haha, yeah. They could have added "The game Dirt 3 should have been" on the cover. :D Proper rallying, pretty much the best you can get in terms of simulation and difficulty, while still reaching for the mass audience. RB Rally physics and difficulty just isn't possible on a mainstream game these days.

There are just a few issues with the game, though. The biggest one is that the co-driver is pretty much useless. There's no consistency on the notes or the timing used to say them. So sometimes the note comes when you are already in the corner, sometimes they come 5 corners in advance and you don't know which way to turn anymore. Same is with the HUD arrows, since those pop up only once you are in the corner. So they are just useless. And the consistency problem comes from the fact that a "2 right" can mean anything from a first gear corner to a fourth gear corner. The same is with 3 and 4 corners, so it's too much of a guessing game and in the end you just have to go through the special stages on trial and error and just keep on restarting when you hit the trees because the corner wasn't a "5 left" but rather a "3 left".
It also feels like they put just too many notes in there sometimes. I mean, sure the road did have a "left right chicane", but in reality it was just a straight road. Or then some of the 6 corners aren't even noticeable, so they are just cluttering the speech when they aren't needed.
Needless to say, I would have sacked the co-driver immediately in real life. :D

And the other big issue is that it seems the creators just got outright lazy on Finland and Sweden. Finland being a fast rally would be somewhat ok, but for Sweden to be like that, it's quite unacceptable. And even the Finnish rallye has these strange highway wide sections, which just aren't realistic at all. And Finland is pretty flat too.

But some of the earlier rallies from the Be a Pro were quite hellish, with just one car width of space and insta-kill rocks on both sides all the time. I can't wait to get to Greece and co. :yummy:
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I tried the demo on my xbox, there is just one spanish stage and a preview of a challenge of getting points, i am very bad at tarmac, the car is too loose for my taste and there is no setup option on the demo.

I was alot faster through the gravel part, so i made alot of time and i went to the win. And i'll agree with you on the co-driver, the timing is very off, even on the other WRC games from Milestone the robot-like co-driver was understandable, the game uses a numeric pacenote too, which i dislike because these numbers means not much thing to me.

Even on Dirt 3 you could choose between Simple and Complex notes, which the Complex is numeric and the Simple is descriptive. BTW, the game still have the female co-driver, or at least other co-driver voices? on the demo there was no option to choose from :(
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Gahh, the Greek stages are so amazing. :love: These are the sort of stages I'll be getting back to again and again. I hope the New Zealand rally is also as good as it was in WRC Evolved.

As for the co-drivers, nope there's just the same unclear machine man talking. If there was a woman, I'd propably choose it. They tend to be more clear with the notes.

I personally like the numbers in the notes. Welll, I got used to them by using them from the beginning, anyway. I like them mostly because they are short and simple, and clear, so they won't get mixed up with "left" and "right". And in most of the games (and propably in real life) that number at least somewhat represents the gear the corner should be taken. So in many games (Dirt, WRC Evolved, maybe RBR) if they said left 4, it really was mostly a 4th gear corner. But in this one it can really mean anything from 2nd gear corner to a 6th gear corner. I've yelled "what the ..." sentence a few times today while playing through French rally, because there were places where the co-driver said right 4, so I entered the corner in 4th gear and found out it was rather a 90 degree tight turn, which should have been taken on 2nd or 3rd gear. So I went on flying to a ravine. "Co-driver is your best friend, rely on him!" Yeah, sure...

And then there's some of these oddities, where it says "right 4 tightens into left 3", which is just plain horrible notation. In every other game if it tightens, you either just say it tightens and then a gap and the next corner, or then you say "right 4 tightens into right 3", which makes sense. Now, in the game, it's first a 4 corner, which tightens in the end but after that turns. So pretty often the corner just suddenly tightens or you slow down too much, which both are quite frustrating..

But the feeling when the stages go perfectly, ahh it's good. Especially when you can nail some of those 5+ minute stages.

Doesn't the demo have another stage too, though? At least in the PS3 demo I could drive in the spanish stage and... I guess it was a monte carlo one.

edit: Oh yeah, and I think they actually tweaked the handling a bit from the demo. The cars feel generally a bit more understeery and grippier. But in a good way. Now the handling got more controllable on pad and the default setups seem to work well overall. I had to do some tweaking for the final SSS' against Hirvonen, Loeb, etc since those were driven on such tight tarmac tracks that the car wouldn't turn well enough.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

i saw a video of the New Zealand some days ago, it was at development stage but even at this stage already looked amazing, very dark, hard, wet and twisty, like a harder version of UK Rally...

Well, i'll just keep playing WRC2, RBR and Dirt3 for now, i need i new computer to play WRC 3 as XBOX games are region locked, ,Brazil is NTSC btw, and the game only was released on europe... :vsad:

Oh, changing topic now, you remember the Mineshaft stage on RBR? that jump at the end is awesome, i always hold my breath there hoping for not destroying my car :yummy:
RodSk8Punk

Post by RodSk8Punk »

I found this game recently: SimRaceway. It's a very nice free racing game. You do need to buy the cars, though (with the exception of the starting one, a Lancer Evo X), BUT if you play in the online events and beat others you CAN earn points that can be used to buy them. So if you are very good, you don't need to pay (at least for the cheaper cars, the more expensive ones need a LOT of points, so either you have a lot of patience to raise points, buy better cars that can enter in better paying events, etc, or you just pay for it, or "bribe your way to victory" as I like to call, which actually IS a realistic simulation of life, now that I think about it).

Example: Cheaper cars costs around 300 points. In this Time Attack online event (the first one, where you use the starting car, the Evo X), you can race against other's ghosts and for each you beat, you get 5 Reputation and 5 credit points. Another thing is, as far as I know, they update these events. So you can earn more with each new one.
I just don't know if I am racing against the ghosts of players that are in the server at the time, or if I am racing against the worst times, and getting up to the best ones (most did seem to have problems around the track, then next day, the opponent was way better, which could be the guy in the server [he WAS in it], or just that I reached his time, and I coudn't beat it).

I raced for around 40 minutes in Infineon beating other's times (they weren't very good, kept spinning out), then a little more another day on a separate one (at the same track), and I have around 85 to 100 points.

Only problems to me are: 1- always online (and of course, you need an account [it's still free, though]) and, 2- You need AT LEAST a good controller with precise analog sticks (I use an X360 controller). It is very hard to control even with driving aids, it is much more to the simulator side of racing games than, say, Gran Turismo/Forza. If you're good, you can get used after a while, though.
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I have a account on simraceway, it's based on rFactor... but it lags terribly here on my PC, BTW, i can play most of those simulators, without aids, on my keyboard, but its impossible to have consistency, ridiculously enough, i have such consistency on driving classic GT cars :?

PS: how those 'noobs' spun out with a Evolution? this is almost impossible :P
M1KA

Post by M1KA »

- Miniracingonline (similar to Generally, but with a fantastic online mode)
- World of Tanks (but now i'm bored with too much changes in gameplay)
Easy English, please...
Hello, my name is Iñigo Montoya.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos: Joey the Passion. No I didn't do it, I saw my college friends playing duels via LAN. Also recently, Infectonator 2

I'm gonna try Slender

The Noose

Post by The Noose »

I've just recently started BF3 again, after my brother bought Close Quarters to it. Looks great when you have PC that runs it on ULTRA graphics. :yummy:
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I am playing RBR again, using some mods and RBR Czech Physics... well, i don't have a wheel, so, i play with the keyboard.
But a weird glitch is annoying me so much, i even made a video :evil:

Anyone here had this problem or know how to solve?

PS: the video doesn't show half of my keyboard skills, i am better without FRAPS :P
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

this happens to me all the time, but I was always lazy to search for solution and just turned RBR off ;).
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Oh, this sucks, i need this game working again!
weird thing is, i still using the same PC and only now this is happening...
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Well all I can guess then is that some mod is clashing with the game, causing the details to disappear...
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Even without mods, the problem persists...
and i think we are not in the proper place to ask for 'support', even while on the off -topic area.

So, please, comment on my video or here: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showt ... p?t=305552
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Audiosurf. Crazy about playing my favorite songs using Elite Characters with Ironmode on. Eraser's my guy :bg:

Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

Anyone tried new expansion for AoE2? :)
http://www.forgottenempires.net/
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Mad Dan wrote:Anyone tried new expansion for AoE2? :)
http://www.forgottenempires.net/
Not yet, but I think I'm going to give it a shot. Will be fun to manage Hungarians... ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars