Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

"Real men drive 40 polygons." You'll find some here.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Car Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

Post by XYY »

You should always see that the model has the same maximum X and Z value in positive and negative dimensions (Y is not as important, it can be used for some other stuff). Then set the value as the positive X or Z maximum value (e.g. your car goes from Z 1.85 to Z -1.85, then you have to set the Z value as 1.85). What you enter in the white fields for X, Y and Z just defines at which area the car crashes, so if you set it to 3 at the example car the car will crash before it actually touches the wall ;)
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

XYY wrote:You should always see that the model has the same maximum X and Z value in positive and negative dimensions (Y is not as important, it can be used for some other stuff). Then set the value as the positive X or Z maximum value (e.g. your car goes from Z 1.85 to Z -1.85, then you have to set the Z value as 1.85). What you enter in the white fields for X, Y and Z just defines at which area the car crashes, so if you set it to 3 at the example car the car will crash before it actually touches the wall ;)
So I have to chose the bigest absolute value? example my car goes from Z 2,0 to Z -2,1 and X 1 to X -1
I need to set the size values to Z 2,1 X 1,0 ?
My Tracks & Cars
Tracks: Kakucsring, Rabocsiring ([rwl] Rallycross tracks)
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Pronounce my name like Smiley.
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

I'm working on Group R4.
Im in trouble with the impreza...
I made the blue one first, then I modified it. But now I think the blue one is looks better but a litle bit looks like a fabia, thats why I modified it. What do you think? So I dont know what to do.
And what do you think about the Lancers?
Attachments
r4.jpg
X.jpg
IX.jpg
impreza b.jpg
My Tracks & Cars
Cars: FIA Group R4, FIA Group R5(Car of the Month), FIA Group RRC, Seat Leon Eurocup 2014, Suzuki Swift Cup Europe 2014, Seat Leon Szuperkupa 2008, Copa Tiida 2011

Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

No comments? :(
My Tracks & Cars

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

not bad but lights looks better as white not light blue
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I would set lights and the windscreens to the colour 184 if I were you. I think the Evo X and the Impreza look very good, but the Evo IX looks more like a Honda.
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Lukeno94 wrote:I would set lights and the windscreens to the colour 184 if I were you. I think the Evo X and the Impreza look very good, but the Evo IX looks more like a Honda.
Wich Ipreza is better? The white or the blue one?
I set the windows and lights to 138. I saw that the most of rally cars have this value for glasses.
I will work on Evo IX. I have an idea to make the black part better in the front. The only problem is that I dont have any free vertexes :\ :D
Last edited by Szmajli on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Tracks & Cars

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I'd suggest for the Impreza to make some kind of C-Pillar, especially as it hasn't got an interior. Maybe try to adjust the white model? :)

Edit: and a reply to your old post: "So I have to chose the bigest absolute value? example my car goes from Z 2,0 to Z -2,1 and X 1 to X -1
"
I would always try to center the car, so that the Z-Values would be 2,05 and -2,05. If you don't want to move every vertex, then I would take 2,0 in this case because I feel that you crash more often at the front and not at the back (Especially with rally cars, when you're usually alone on the track).
Last edited by XYY on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

XYY wrote:I'd suggest for the Impreza to make some kind of C-Pillar, especially as it hasn't got an interior. Maybe try to adjust the white model? :)

Edit: and a reply to your old post: "So I have to chose the bigest absolute value? example my car goes from Z 2,0 to Z -2,1 and X 1 to X -1
"
I would always try to center the car, so that the Z-Values would be 2,05 and -2,05. If you don't want to move every vertex, then I would take 2,0 in this case because I feel that you crash more often at the front and not at the back (Especially with rally cars, when you're usually alone on the track).
I should move theme, because I made the modell in 3dsmax. :) But I will figure out later what to do.
For the impreza: I can do the Cpillar if I remove the Black part from the bonnet.
Lancer: Do you have any suggession to the evo 9? I dont have free vertexes.
My Tracks & Cars

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think to make the Evo 9 feel more like Evo 9 both the grille and headlights should be a bit bigger in Y-direction. At least to me they seem to be too thin... ;)
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

XYY wrote:I think to make the Evo 9 feel more like Evo 9 both the grille and headlights should be a bit bigger in Y-direction. At least to me they seem to be too thin... ;)
Okay I will modify it. But maybe just at the end of the week :)
Thank you!
My Tracks & Cars

Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

aaaaa.png
aaaaa.png (9.22 KiB) Viewed 2960 times
See if my subaru will help you ;)

By the way, i was planing to update those models and use GTGR2 physics, so then i can release some cars :yummy:
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Otto Wilson wrote:
aaaaa.png
See if my subaru will help you ;)

By the way, i was planing to update those models and use GTGR2 physics, so then i can release some cars :yummy:
I saw you subarus, they are awesome. They gave me the help to make the lights. First I made them about 6 vertex/light :D :D But it was unnecessary after saw your subarus.

This is the newer version? Looks great :D But I see the bigest difference. I need to do a wide grille at the bumper like this And I need 2 more verticle for this.

Now my white subaru has 30 vertexes and 39 polys. So if I remove tha black from the hood I can make the C-pillars. And I have 40 polys and 29 vertexes.
What is your suggession for the white impreza?
My Tracks & Cars

Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

well, you dont need to create any new vertex, you just need 2 polies... so, i recommend making the 'V' silver grille (where the badge is) and making it straight (like my model), then you will have one more poly more, which you may use on the pillars. Do this and you will have the air vent and the pillars (i hope) :bg:
Szmajli

Post by Szmajli »

Otto Wilson wrote:well, you dont need to create any new vertex, you just need 2 polies... so, i recommend making the 'V' silver grille (where the badge is) and making it straight (like my model), then you will have one more poly more, which you may use on the pillars. Do this and you will have the air vent and the pillars (i hope) :bg:
But see my whit subaru. It has straight silver grille. But it has four polis, but i can mke it from 3 so i will have 2 free polis.
you mean like this?
Attachments
grey is the new poligon
grey is the new poligon
11.png (6.84 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
My Tracks & Cars

Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

What do you guys think of my "Petit Racing Cars" (like real-world Aussie Racing Cars)?
Attachments
DP_Petits_WIP.zip
(6.2 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
petits.png
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

Szmajli: yes, i meant this, and you should really make those pillars even if you will sacrifice one polygon, just remember to organize the polygon order to prevent clipping of the overlaping polies ;)
The Noose

Post by The Noose »

Haruna: They look great! Beautiful! You should release them! :)
"If you really think and say you want to do it and believe you can do it. And you have ability to drive a car. Then you will do it." - Colin McRae

"Disappointments are part of the game. It’s how you deal with them that matters."- Kimi Räikkönen

"Everything I do about motor racing, I enjoy it. Anything because it is my passion."- Francois Cevert
Niko K

Post by Niko K »

Haruna wrote:What do you guys think of my "Petit Racing Cars" (like real-world Aussie Racing Cars)?
What an awesome set of cars, looking forward to the release. :gpush:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain
ACM

Post by ACM »

Like what you see? :misch: (No promises on anything yet, though.)
Attachments
acm_ferrari_testarossa.gif
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

It looks a bit flat, or not? Otherwise good job :bg:
ACM

Post by ACM »

The scales were carefully measured up. The real thing only rises 1.130 metres from the ground.

Anyway. Making the model was the simple part - except for finding the exact diametre of the tyres, which I still can't seem to tell from the information on the internet.

The real kerfuffle for me will be with the physics, and knowing how a Testarossa should feel to drive. Power, top speed, mass and drag coefficiency were easy enough to find. The other attributes elude me.

This is my foray into making an exotic sports car. I'm not making this with any special insight into the car- I just think it looks cool.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

About the high or other measures for remaking a model of real car, knowing exact measures in m/cm/mm of real car is not important at all. Just take a side picture (or blueprint if best) and base your work on sizes you know and can define - wheel size. By look (like in painting of proportions) you can measure in blueprint by wheel as a unit, how many wheels is the car width/hight/length, distance between wheels, length/width of hood/roof/windshield/spoiler etc. Then in CE choose a size of tyre according your intentions (e.g. if you're building a car for big WS tracks) and by keeping the wheel as unit you'll always make proportionally correct car model. If necessary you can then resize the model by % in CE options, if you want smaller or bigger one at any time (e.g. to turn it into RC car).

To tell truth, serious discussions, if the measures in CE unit is in metres or e.g. power in kw or HP make me rather laughing. It doesn't matter. :)
Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

About physics, i used GTGR2 physics calculator and my Cortinas handles exactly how it should.
The 'Y size' was important to simulate the bodyroll and the soft suspension,
i think the car even lift a front wheel when cornering :P
The sliding is also spot on, you drift just with the oposite rear wheel, as it happens, at least on simracing.
CORTINA.png
I am having some problems with clipping and the model scale, it looks very small for big tracks :|
ACM

Post by ACM »

I did all of that, Ivo. Getting the exact numbers for tyre diametres would still be nice.

I would still like some impressions on the model I've shown.