GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Reh

Re: GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Post by Reh »

FRUKIScze wrote:How often is the page uploaded?
Variable between twice a week and twice a month. The good thing is, it is updated reliably at all. :happythanks:
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
visit www.planetgenerally.de !
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

FRUKIScze wrote:How often is the page uploaded?
When I have the time :sweatdrop: (this is not often the case these days)
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think there is an error in the way the Superleague Formula races are listed in the schedule. It should be 2 8 minute races, and 1 5 lap TT.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
MD

Post by MD »

Hai, jo!

To be honest I'm not a rookie. I'm still 'Madd Dogg' I only shortened my nickname :)
Cheers!
GuEss what's coming up nExt!
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

puttz wrote:I think there is an error in the way the Superleague Formula races are listed in the schedule. It should be 2 8 minute races, and 1 5 lap TT.
MD wrote:To be honest I'm not a rookie. I'm still 'Madd Dogg' I only shortened my nickname :)
Cheers!
Thanks for the informations :sweatdrop: what would I do without you ? :?

About Superfinals (in Superleague Formula) I will apply a special multiplier because there is not really 6 participants and to be in the top 6 is not so easy.
Example for Pretoria :
- 19 drivers in the feature races and 6 classified drivers in Superfinal.
- with 6 drivers the points are : 18,14,10,7,4,2 (x1.5 because it's a login event < 5km)
- if there were 19 drivers in Superfinal the points would be : 48,38,32,28,25,22,20,... (x1.5)
- then the special multiplier will be 48/18 ≈ 2.66666...
-> points for Pretoria Superfinal : 18,14,10,7+1,4,2 x 1.5 x 2.66666 = 72,56,40,32,16,8
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Two things:
- Wasn't the Quali/Race at Guangdong (Grand Tour Trophy) meant to be a test race?
- The qualifying time of the best driver in this event seems to be insane (827 kph :o )
puttz

Post by puttz »

I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Jo) that since it is run as a normal race, it still counts for GWR. IIRC, the same thing happened with my first season of V8SC, where the test round counted in GWR. Something like the PGRF1 test round does not count, because people can race multiple times with different settings and session lengths.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Puttz is spot on about everything. Test races have always been included in GWR. ;)
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Putty has the good explanation :bg:
and about the 827 kph ... I think it need a little investigation ^^
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Bouncebackability wrote:Just a small thing, and I realise it's not going to be a priority for you jo.sk, but have you considered redesigning the website? I don't really enjoy going there as I find it quite tough to read through, perhaps the small text on the picture background is a factor, but also how its just a lot of text in lines, some pages are better than others, but look at Ivo's page for example (ok quality isn't great on the screenshot...)

Also always bugs me how the ticker on the first page is never aligned...

I know you do fantastic work for the community with this website, and I too thank you for it, I'm just wondering if you plan on making it look a bit clearer someday?
I've just made an update on GWR website and now the drivers, teams and nations statistics are clearer : to do that I added some spoilers.
And about the home page now it's OK : the rankings are aligned

I have also a question (for everyone) : about teams in Superleague, do you think they should be counted for GWR Team Ranking (*) or no (**) ?

* in this case the drivers could choose to give the points of their Superleague team to their usual team.
** like imposed teams, for example in "PGR F1"
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

As of me, I would consider these teams imposed, so I'd opt for second possibility.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Reh

Post by Reh »

I also think the second possibility is the better one.
"It's the power of simplicity in the hands of individuals that keep inspiring and challenging each other with their wonderful creations." nielske
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Me too. :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
fmonteiroa

Post by fmonteiroa »

Jo.sk wrote: I have also a question (for everyone) : about teams in Superleague, do you think they should be counted for GWR Team Ranking (*) or no (**) ?

* in this case the drivers could choose to give the points of their Superleague team to their usual team.
** like imposed teams, for example in "PGR F1"
I agree on the points stay with the usual team, I would have counted the points for my team "NO Break" in the Superleague and other championships.
kuba

Post by kuba »

I'm for the 1st option as by default GWR's rules allows that - why to change it for Superleague?
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Why I'm not counted into rookie classification? Is it just for monthly rookie? and if yes, where i can find overall rookie classification?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
kuba

Post by kuba »

You are not counted because you are rookie of January - you can see rookies at monthly classification - http://joskgr.free.fr/GWR/2013/01-G.html - in column between Pos and Drivers.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

So there isn't any Rookie if year classification?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Yes, there is, it's however based on comparison of ''rookie months'' (first or first two months of career IIRC) of all rookies, who came during the year.

Rookie standing on base of whole year results would not be much useful, because in year one can take a part in about 200 events, so basically after 2 months one is still a young promising driver, but no longer ''rookie'' in rookie standings. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

So. I am rookie only for one month, and on the end of every year, there are table, where is statistic, which compare rookie of months. And which rookie of month gets most points in his first month, he is rookie of year.
Am I right? ;-)
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

FRUKIScze wrote:So. I am rookie only for one month, and on the end of every year, there are table, where is statistic, which compare rookie of months. And which rookie of month gets most points in his first month, he is rookie of year.
Am I right? ;-)
Not exactly, if I remember right, the percent to the monthly first placed decides.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Reh

Post by Reh »

Herbal wrote:
FRUKIScze wrote:So. I am rookie only for one month, and on the end of every year, there are table, where is statistic, which compare rookie of months. And which rookie of month gets most points in his first month, he is rookie of year.
Am I right? ;-)
Not exactly, if I remember right, the percent to the monthly first placed decides.
It is in fact the score which decides, and the score contains points for the position in the percentage standings, but also extra points for victories and additional championships the driver took part in.
The GWR rulebook wrote:Classification by score = Pts% + PtsV + PtsC
- Pts% : given by classification by % of winner's points, 1st = 12pts, 2nd = 11pts, 3rd = 10pts, ... , 12th = 1pt.
- PtsV : according to number of victories, 1 = 1pt, 2 = 2pts, more = 3pts.
- PtsC : championship(s) in which the driver raced during the rookie part of his career, 1 = 0pt, 2 = 1pt, 3 = 2pts, more = 3pts.
- in case of tie : classification by events won and after by best result (during the month of the title).
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Ok. I understand it. But i dont understand this.
The GWR rulebook wrote: - Pts% : given by classification by % of winner's points, 1st = 12pts, 2nd = 11pts, 3rd = 10pts, ... , 12th = 1pt.
Reh

Post by Reh »

Look here, it means you get points from 1 to 12 according to your ranking by the percentage. So, if you have a good percentage you have good chances to become rookie of the year, but someone can beat you by driving in several compos at a time and having more victories, even if he-she-it has a lower percentage.
The percentage you get is calculated by deviding your GWR points of every event by the points the winner of this event got, and the average ratio of all events in the month is the percentage.
Example: you got (18/144+30/156+24/132+18/120+6/48+12/75)/6 = 0,934/6 =...mh...15,6...which is almost 14,33...
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

kuba, Trigger Happy, Herbal, Reh : thanks for the explanations ;)

About teams of Superleague, I finally decided to consider them like imposed teams. Then they won't be present in teams ranking.

About next months I've also decided to change a little details in length multiplier.
Now the multiplier will be chosen according to the length of the event and also according to the winner's time and only the higher will be taken into consideration.

Table of multipliers :
Last edited by Jo.sk on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.