Joint Effort Amateur Track Project

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Joint Effort Amateur Track Project

Post by Bouncebackability »

^^^ Some more work for the FT!

Spacethingy, any news, you still have a few days however!
Spacethingy

Post by Spacethingy »

Hi guys, sorry for the comms black-out, went on holiday... :roll:
+1 to Helsholm!
Here we go:
Attachments
JE#19 before FT complete
JE#19 before FT complete
JEA_YoNnie_BackflipBadger_aussie_generallier_FRUKIScze_ivaneurope_Spacethingy.zip
Zip containing .trk
(78.59 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
puttz

Post by puttz »

Very nice everyone :bg: I'll get started on FTs soon :)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
puttz

Post by puttz »

And here is the version with FTs. :bg: I present to you the track of JEA 19, Helsholm. The AI line was designed for the original mini, and it probably isn't all that great since I'm not very good at AI lines. Perhaps BBA can try to make it a little better before releasing it.
Attachments
JEA_19_Helsholm.jpg
JEA_19.zip
(73.91 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Hey, BBA, when is this going to be released?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Sorry :sorry: I'm away from home atm so will do that when I return.

In the meantime we may as well start bookings for the next one!

Joint Effort Amateur #20

Top Left ----- puttz
Top Middle ----- aussie_generallier
Top Right ----- FRUKIScze

Bottom Left ----- WouterVL

Bottom Middle ----- Lukeno94
Bottom Right ----- YoNnie111

Final Touches -----

For those new to the project, these are the rules, I've added a few details (in bold) from those on page 1 so be sure to read them...
The Rules
1. You should not have won a ToM. 1st 2nd or 3rd.
2. The first one who books starts, and after that somebody next to that square has to make his.
3. The world size is set by the creator of the first square and cannot be changed thereafter (please do not use a world size greater than 180). Water Level can be adjust at any time, but must not affect any previously made squares. Other settings, ai line and checkpoints will be added by the Finishing Toucher.
4. When you book a square, post the message so that I can understand what you mean by clearly stating which square you would like.
5. If a JEA participant receives a ToM podium during a project, but before their part is completed, they may still do that part but will not be allowed in future projects. Any JE or JEA track does not count against any participant.

Rules and tips for the track:
6. Think about how the track 'goes'. Don't just make a few curves that make it (almost) impossible to continue with the track in a normal way.
7. Make your square as beautiful as possible, it's just a little square, but you can do so much with it, remember to take your time, you have 7 days to make your square, not 7 minutes. If you're stuck ask for advice in the Track Preview Thread or you can contact me at rdw_93 :roll: hotmail.co.uk.
8. Don't change the theme, you can make something different on your square, but don't start to make a square without snow on a snow track...
9. If you book a square in JointEffortAmateurs, you thereby agree to make your square in time, (means that you don't hold it up for ages) but use time and effort with it to make it as good as possible.
10. If it is your turn to make a square, and you have not posted it within 7 days, your square will be given to someone else.
11. Not every square needs a piece of track, so there may need to be some scenery only squares. They are as important as the track squares.
12. The track doesn't have to use all the space of your square or always go trough the middle of it. It can just cut the corner or one side of it. Try to imagine the whole map without the squares. Otherwise the track will end up "square-ish".

Remember: Details, scenery and eye candy make the track alive. Use your creativity as much as you can, every square is like your own signature to the track. It also shows your skills to everyone. Of course, never forget the track flow, driveability and the pits.
A grid can be found here
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 12 times in total.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Wooooo, finally i AM fast.

I want the top left square. Please?

EDIT: Isn't there some grid to start with? Where is it?
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'll take bottom left, please :yummy:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Bounceback, i think you need to edit it one more time... :shhh:

Well...

Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I can't attach the zip on my phone but the link (which also doesn't format properly) I've placed in the project post.
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I'll book bottom right, please :)
Upcoming: Calton Park | Sandhill | Rockfield | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Top right for me :-)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

JEA20.PNG
JEA20.PNG (98.5 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
It's just a square, so i could get it done quite fast. Not my best work EVER, but it's good enough. And so now this is also easy for the others to work with :bg:
JEA20-WouterVL.zip
(10.8 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Oh, and, PM me if you need the cliff texture!

Well...

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It's nice, but why are you starting without any discussion with us? What if you will be the only one, who want to make [roa]? :down:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

FRUKIScze wrote:It's nice, but why are you starting without any discussion with us? What if you will be the only one, who want to make [roa]? :down:
I'm SURE that some people didn't want to compete in the snowy track.

Also, this is the 20th, a tenth number so this will be a special track! If you don't want to make a [roa], you might be able to add something that suits you better into it.

Well...

ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

Bottom middle for me.
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Wouter, I'm afraid your part is too narrow. It's very difficult to drive on the road.
Usually the JE tracks are quite wide, and this is really beyond the border of driveability :vsad:
puttz

Post by puttz »

XYY wrote:Wouter, I'm afraid your part is too narrow. It's very difficult to drive on the road.
Usually the JE tracks are quite wide, and this is really beyond the border of driveability :vsad:
Perhaps the WS can be increased and the objects reworked? It sure looks like the WS is a very low value. :roll:
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I'm not sure if anyone is working on their rectangles, but yeah, i can do that.

Well...

Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

I have to agree with the comments made by others above.

Also not all the squares have been booked yet and you've already begun the project, and there does need to be some agreement on a theme; while everyone may not necessarily like the theme chosen, you're working as a team, not an individual. Here you've clearly decided to start with a style of your most recent tracks, I feel part of any JE is to try and experiment/learn new techniques.

I think we should wait until the remaining squares are booked, then decide if we proceed with WouterVLs square with a modified world size to increase road width, or start afresh on an agreed theme.

Also please note my point, in the rules but not a rule, you have 7 days to make a square, so why rush?
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

If anyone still needs it, here's my new updated square. And don't think i'm rushing - i just have loads of free time and i'm quite fast at making tracks. :)

Sure - we could do a new theme. I don't really know what theme though. Actually, at the moment i'm only good at roa's. :doh:
Attachments
JEA20-WouterVL.zip
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Well...

MercyMurcie

Post by MercyMurcie »

Top middle for me, I almost missed it, and, let's discuss this before creating squares. We just did a bit of a [roa] anyway. If 20 is supposed to be special, than why not do something unique, like a stunt or a warzone or something. [roa] tracks are plenty common.
Snorxal

Post by Snorxal »

Dammit! I guess I'm gonna have to sit out this one, since I don't really think I'm up to doing ft's :(
My tracks: Namav and Enu
My JEA contributions: #20 #19 and #18
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

BackflipBadger wrote:Top middle for me, I almost missed it, and, let's discuss this before creating squares. We just did a bit of a [roa] anyway. If 20 is supposed to be special, than why not do something unique, like a stunt or a warzone or something. [roa] tracks are plenty common.
Oh wait, i know something! LETS DO A NEED FOR MADNESS TRACK!!! :D :mrgreen:

Nah, just kidding. :P

Maybe we should... ehhrrr... make a track that goes through all sorts of landscapes! So in the left part there's a grassy foresty road, middle a snowy part, and then on the right a snowy track! Maybe we can put some rally inbetween it too!

Also, can someone do a square AND FT's? If we'd be doing my idea, i'd really want to FT it aswell.

Well...

FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Why do any madness track?!? This is JEA project, like another JEA project. There is no reason to do Madness track. Let's do normal circuit, or rally or something. Or maybe street circuit?