Good bye and other personal announcements

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Good bye and other personal announcements

Post by Lukeno94 »

The simple fact of the matter is that I have been thinking about moving on for a long time now, as several people will be aware. However, recent events and the direction of GeneRally have just caused me to put things in motion.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Stupid acts from adults like you. The role models for everyone on this GR community acting like kids. There will always be different opinions and fights like this. GET OVER IT! It's called LIFE and you can't just run away from this community leaving it in problems. It is very selfish from you Lukeno. Strong man fight, weak just surrender like you just did.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Of course it's your decision, Luke, but I really hope it doesn't end on a note like this. At any rate, thanks for all the good work here and I wish you all the best outside GR.
Areen

Post by Areen »

cocney wrote:Stupid acts from adults like you. The role models for everyone on this GR community acting like kids. There will always be different opinions and fights like this. GET OVER IT! It's called LIFE and you can't just run away from this community leaving it in problems. It is very selfish from you Lukeno. Strong man fight, weak just surrender like you just did.
He actually can leave this as it is. It's not his problem, it's a developers problem and he do not accept actual direction of the GeneRally. He has every right to think in that way, it's also called LIFE. ;] And after a GR2 release, we will see who was a childlish leaver or who was a horny for a new game child.
cocney

Post by cocney »

Areen wrote:He actually can leave this as it is. It's not his problem, it's a developers problem and he do not accept actual direction of the GeneRally. He has every right to think in that way, it's also called LIFE. ;] And after a GR2 release, we will see who was a childlish leaver or who was a horny for a new game child.
Did it refere to me :P ? I actually wrote this before I read all that stuff so you can say that I went a little r****d there. But still, it would be stupid if Lukeno left this forum only because of GR2 going in shareware direction.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Guys please. Stop it. We don't want any other leaver :)
these times are worse times :( Hope it will get better soon :)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Ol7hYa

Post by Ol7hYa »

Hey guys! I'm back in GeneRally, :D and I'll start to make tracks, cars, fonts, and palettes again and continue my old projects. Help you with many projects, and also will do things in minecraft lol :rofl:
Sorry for my bad english!
Buka

Post by Buka »

I write this message with pain in my heart. As you may know (or may not know) Russia de-facto has declared war on my country. Ukrainian authorities have started military mobilization and I may be mobilized any day soon.

That's why I stop my activities here. The next ToM election probably will be made by Trigger Happy. Also if someone wants to do the next season of GRC (it is ready to be launched) - you can contact me and I will give you FTP passwords from the site (hosting and domen name are paid for the whole 2014 year). I'm not in mood for racing when invaders threaten my people, so I freeze my racing career also.

I hope the conflict won't take much time. I hope I won't have to go to the army. I hope that I will return here. But for now the things are what they are.

Take care of yourselves and pray for Ukraine.
marass

Post by marass »

Buka: Fingers crossed! I hope everything gets better. It is awful what Putin thinks he can do! I understand you, that you are not in mood for fun.
Martin B. - CZRT racer
Best Czech rookie in January 2014
Last tracks: SnowHill [stc], part of JEA 24 [ral], Ruta [cir]
Last misc.: Wacky wheels sounds
WIP: Ingliston [rwl] [cir] (5%), AirChaos [cir] [tpk?] [ovl]
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Good luck sir! I hope we will met you soon and that this conflict won't end into war :weep:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
LongBow
GeneRally Wizard

Post by LongBow »

I can see that the situation is bad and that many things are at stake.
I stand with you Buka and the rest of the Ukrainian people and wish you good luck in your fight for the freedom!
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

Who'd have thought two weeks ago that the situation in Ukraine would be like it is right now... :ouch: Hopefully it doesn't end in a full-blown war. Hope to see you back here before anything even happens. :)
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
puttz

Post by puttz »

I'm hoping the best for you and your fellow Ukrainians. Hopefully it will not turn to war, and I hope that our (USA's) president will actually do something to help you all maintain your country's independence if things do not settle down soon.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

Buka, I sincerely hope, that your inactivity from GR will be just a short period. By the way, do you remember, what you've said to me 3 years ago?
you when I've became inactive wrote:So long, my friend. :weep: I hope you'll change your mind some time in the future and will be back (...) It was a great pleasure for all of us to have you as a part of community. Good luck IRL.
Now I can tell the same: I wish your retreat from GR activities will be just as "successful" as mine. :sweatdrop: Take care of you, my friend.
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Good luck, mate, see you soon!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I wish you that you won't get in trouble. Take care.
cocney

Post by cocney »

I hope that it won't escalate like it did in Ex-YU! Ukrainians deserve their freedom! Come back soon! We will wait for you! may the Force be with you and whole Ukraine!
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Good luck, Buka, hope everything turns to good!
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Godspeed. :bg: Whatever may happen, the Ukrainian people will live on.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Thank you guys! You're the best. :shaking:
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

I'll prey for Ukraine, for your country, Buka. And not we, but you are the best. Your country need help, and you stay there. Fantastic attitude, in times, when (at least in my country) many people have their homeland in..
Upcoming: Corse de Vivedo | Sandhill | Rockfield | Calton Park | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

@Buka
It is sad to see that even today with all the information that we have some people insist on making the same mistakes of the past, Russia has just taken a step back and hope the best for you and your country. Good luck friend, come back soon!!!!! :(
sorry for my spelling mistakes
Eu me achei no colo do meu par (Banda do Mar) SONG
I found myself in the arms of my pair (free translated)
My stats in GWR (thanks Jo.sk)
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

Wish you all the best Buka. For you and your country. Be safe :)
View my archived circuits/cars here
puttz

Post by puttz »

No, this is not a goodbye. Just wanted to say that I likely won't be too active for the next couple of months because of lots of university work. I haven't been able to play very much GR lately, so I haven't been really downloading any new cars or tracks much. I'll still finish up running my current compo, and also running the Mafia game, but I won't be racing at all and probably not carmaking again until late May. I'll still be around to look at new cars and tracks, and probably comment on stuff every now and again. :)
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

We understand you puttz ;) I wish you to complete all the tests and pass to higher class (or even finish a whole school?) :coffee: :read: