Competitions ideas

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
zgr

Re: Competitions ideas

Post by zgr »

RobertRacer99 wrote:
zgr wrote:I just think about two changes for FormulaCup 2015:

1. Change Lenght from 10 km to 15 km
Maybe a little long, but ok. :shy:
zgr wrote: 2. No AI's on Street-Circuits (Mondega, Sunlake, etc...) ... so it would be a time-trial at Street Circuit and original 3 AI's on the other tracks ;)
Very good :bg:, so street races wouldn't be frustrating because you can't overtake AI's very easy. :bg:
Yeah, the first point is critical, I'm not sure, but maybe more opinions? :sweatdrop:

And the second point is almost perfect to 99% :D
Hello.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

2. No AI's on Street-Circuits (Mondega, Sunlake, etc...) ... so it would be a time-trial at Street Circuit and original 3 AI's on the other tracks ;)

What do you think? :scratch:
1. MOAR STINTS!!!!11!!!!

2. I would put only one AI for street circuits. My only worry is that a race without AI would feel more Time Trial than Race, but that's just me.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
ivaneurope

Post by ivaneurope »

2. No AI's on Street-Circuits (Mondega, Sunlake, etc...) ... so it would be a time-trial at Street Circuit and original 3 AI's on the other tracks ;)

What do you think? :scratch:
The TouringCup also plans to introduce changes for 2015.

- The race length will be changed from 8 km to 12/15 km. The plans are for 2 races - a Feature race which will be 8/10 km and Sprint 4/5 km race. Changes will apply to AI with the variants being 2 - 5 for Feature race and 3 for Sprint or 3 for Feature and 1 for Sprint.
Also the pointscoring system will change with only the top 8/6 will score points in Sprint races.

- Fuel Consumption will be decreased for efectiveness reasons. However a mandatory pitstop will be in effect for Feature race
Co-creator of BTCC 2011 and BTCC 2012 by Herbal; Themed Formula Packs (in collaboration with Np2003) with Lukeno94 car.
Founder of International GeneRally Racing League (IGRL) with zgr and Np2003.
Follow Ivaneurope Motorsports at: https://www.facebook.com/IvaneuropeMotorsports
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

This is the proposal Calendar for the RoC 2015 Wildcard-Tour. It have 4 races in 4 countries.

11.1.2015 Lausitzring[GER] (by -Jimmy-)
18.1.2015 Assen[NED] (by Maciej1)
25.1.2015 Paul Ricard (Le Castellet)[FRA] (by Areen)
1.2.2015 Donington Park[GBR] (by Areen) <---Supports GTT(Grand Tour Trophy) :shhh:
In the Main-tournament the RoC track by Scholl will be used.

Calendar for Main-tournament:
15.2.2015 1st Round
22.2.2015 Quarter-Final
26.2.2015 Half-Final
1.3.2015 Final/Duel for 3th Place
The car in the Main-Event is the KTM X-Bow by Masa, the car for the Wildcard-tour isn't confirmed. It would be (again) the X-bow, or the Super-GT, Lambda PN3 or the Lambda GLN3 (the last 3 car(s) are all by Gzehoo).
Last edited by RobertRacer on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

RobertRacer99 wrote:@Np2003: Gzehoo's Calender is ok, I would only replace Oschersleben with Lausitzring/Norisring. :bsmile:
Lausitzring was used in 2012 and 2014, next time I'll use it in 2016. Norisring is IMO not good track for these cars.

I have also a simply rule in GTT calendar - don't use too much Formula 1 or MotoGP tracks.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

After a good amount of silence I've again have a competition idea, even if some aspects have been posted here already.

The competition would be a knockout event, but not a tree-aspect, but a credit-based one. That means, that everyone would start with a previously stated (ie. 1000) points, and these points would be lost in a way related to time (either compared to winner or to a par time previously set). If a driver reaches zero points, gets eliminated from the competition, and their position would be saved (however may continue racing, just "out of league", still scoring valuable GWR points). The champion is the one, who reaches zero point last (or everyone else have lost their points).

The system would mean, that no actual number of event could be defined, however there could be good estimates based on race length and point loss. For example at a 5km TT the last drivers are about 20-30 seconds slower. If we would calculate with a point loss for a tenth second, the slowest drivers would get eliminated near the fourth event.

However that wouldn't be a good scenario if there are tight finishes throughout the whole competition (few relative point loss), that would result in a long season, which is not wished. So the idea is to have par times in each round, which would vary its nature. Under "nature" I mean it would be placed once well above best drivers' time, once just around field average. For a good competition experience (such professionalism, much knowledge, very wow :cool:) first case would be the best of course. Moreover, I am also toying with the idea of gaining points with lapping the field or losing more points by being lapped.

What do you think about this idea, would it be worth a try for a competition at around February?
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

A good idea, I would start it at February/March. But, will be used rwl-tracks or fictional tracks, or even both? :wink2:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

Sounds like it could be interesting, and might work better than the conventional knockout tree format. The weakness in that system is that if a driver doesn't race, his opponent gets a free pass (something I experienced in my two runnings of IGRT). How would drivers who do not start in a race be handled? I presume they would lose massive points based off of whatever time is set?

In response to RobertRacer's post, I would hope that you would use fictional tracks. There aren't enough series that run all of the wonderful fictional tracks that people post here on the forum. Most run a lot of the same [rwl] tracks.

Edit: I've also got a couple of ideas that I'm cooking up. I just may start one in January towards the end of the V8 Supercar season ;) Which would you like to see?
1. Mayhem Grand Prix, a sort of spiritual successor to GHOST in a way, with a pack of 6 custom cars with some different attributes (e.g. some are better offroad, others have better grip, others have better speed, etc.) and some unique tracks you likely wouldn't see in other compos (some kind of off-beat tracks, such as Graveyard Ghost Race, Frozen Booth, or some of Von Mantov's tracks). There would be 6 rounds, and the trick is you can only drive each car in the pack once in the season, so you must choose wisely when to race what car.

2. International Short Track Hotlap Challenge. An IGRT spinoff. There haven't been many HL compos around lately, this would fill in that gap. Exactly what it says on the tin, short tracks and hot laps. I think it would be 3-5 laps to set your time. Car would be the Swift JF-013 from IGRT in national colors. Some possible tracks include some of the longer GR 70 tour tracks, Aviazione by Mr. J., Oakdex, Tubey, and more. There would be a nation's cup as part of it with teams of two drivers representing their country or a conglomeration of multiple countries in the case of drivers from different countries being in the same team.
Last edited by puttz on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

puttz wrote:Sounds like it could be interesting, and might work better than the conventional knockout tree format. The weakness in that system is that if a driver doesn't race, his opponent gets a free pass (something I experienced in my two runnings of IGRT). How would drivers who do not start in a race be handled? I presume they would lose massive points based off of whatever time is set?
Good question, I have planned with automatically losing the same point as the last finished driver plus several good points (probably 10% of starter points, in other words 100 points for a 1000 point event). Maybe a three strike rule could also be used: for the third missed event you would be eliminated no matter how much point you have. Of course that rule would apply for those who are still in match.
RobertRacer wrote:A good idea, I would start it at February/March. But, will be used rwl-tracks or fictional tracks, or even both? :wink2:
puttz wrote:In response to RobertRacer's post, I would hope that you would use fictional tracks. There aren't enough series that run all of the wonderful fictional tracks that people post here on the forum. Most run a lot of the same [rwl] tracks.
My idea is to have micro to mid-size non-realistic tracks with one of the updated GR cars (probably General), so I guess your wishes could be fulfilled, puttz. ^^
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Herbal wrote:My idea is to have micro to mid-size non-realistic tracks with one of the updated GR cars (probably General), so I guess your wishes could be fulfilled, puttz. ^^
I would use all possible no [rwl] tracks. From micro-tracks like Tibties, Otey or Azmo, regular circuits like Montabienchi, Manit or Generife, stunt tracks like Jailbreak or Draw Bridge and also rally-tracks like Keorca, Riverhill, Farest or Gette. :yummy: :wink2: :please:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
puttz

Post by puttz »

There is also a third concept series I forgot to mention in my last post.
3. Petite Challenge Series. This would use Haruna's Petite Racing cars on [mic] and slightly larger than [mic] tracks. It would be 5km races with one pit stop. Some possible tracks include tracks from GR 70 tour, Kantoorosud, and tracks from the Mini F1 tracks set.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

Another championship, that will start in the summer(break).

German TouringCup

A championship, that could be held while summer. Cars will be either the Touring cars from packs by Herbal (BTCC, STCC, ETCC etc.), or Touring cars made after the GTC2 Specification.

Tracks could be:
-Wempelring (by Zgr)
-Wuntheim (by Schitti)
-KaisenRing (by YoNnie)
-Flores-Henshelm (by Crowella)
-Alesheim (by Qurpiz)
-Langeoog
-Gerlichingen
-Zwickau (all 3 by FraG Studios)

I don't say, that all these tracks will be used, but this are IMO the best candidates. It could be with login. :)

Alternatively I could make the European TouringCup, just the same, but with tracks in from fully Europe.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

GENERALLY PRO FORMULA 1 (GPF1)
Some old members of the RSC old forum maybe remember this compo, how i don't participate in this compo (this compo end maybe a bit early of that i had 3 years old) i want to make a revival, this compo will use the original Formula, that too raced in the GPF1 old seasons, and real tracks of the F1, but more GeneRally-ish.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

GER TouringCup:

I can say, that I can confirm Wempelring (zgr), Flores-Henshelm (Crowella) and the long KaisenRing (YoNnie) for the S1 of the German TouringCup. Flores-Henshelm will be the starting-race and Wempelring will held the final race. 2-3 other tracks will be in the calendar. Favorites are:

• Alesheim (by Qurpiz)
    Langeoog (by FraG Studios)
    Wuntheim (by Schitti)
    Heringhausen (by BBA)

The cars will be any Touring cars by Herbal. ;) :bg:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

A bit (stupid) question about of the GPF1 tracks: The WS 255 real tracks (to the Areen or Maciej1 style) fits good with the original Formula?
puttz

Post by puttz »

My personal opinion is not really. I'm not sure what other people think, but to me that is too large for those cars.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

Then i have that make a how WS 200-210 version of Yas Marina or COTA.
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

...but what about of use the No Name Formula by TGF for the compo?
puttz

Post by puttz »

Is there anyone that may be interested in another season of a management competition? I could start one sometime in late January/early February if there is enough interest.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

puttz wrote:Is there anyone that may be interested in another season of a management competition? I could start one sometime in late January/early February if there is enough interest.
Count me in. :)
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

puttz wrote:Is there anyone that may be interested in another season of a management competition? I could start one sometime in late January/early February if there is enough interest.
Maybe. :bsmile: :wink2:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I'm surely interested. :) Sadly missed the 1st season.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
puttz

Post by puttz »

Well, that sounds like several yes votes :D So, I shall commence work on a new management sheet (it will be easier to use than the last one, I promise! :scared: ), cars, drivers, and other such important goodies. I want to put more of the focus on the drivers and car setup this season rather than who can get the most money to buy the best parts fastest and dominate. Which also means that my second normal compo in January will probably be the hotlap compo, as it is quicker to make and post results for a Hotlap series than TT or Race series.
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

News for the German TouringCup:

I will confirm 6 tracks for the 1st season, 5 German races and 1 race in a near country.

This is the unofficial calendar without any date:
-Flores-Henshelm (by Crowella)
-non German race
-Heringhausen (by BBA)
-Langeoog (by FraG Studios)
-Alesheim (by Qurpiz)
-Wempelring (by zgr)

some tracks and race order could be changed
Also there will be a new name. This cup will be called from now:

Deutscher Tourenwagen Pokal (DTP)

Most likely starting date will be in Summer.
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

What about to put a race in Netherlands, Poland or Austria how the Non-German race? :misch: