Official GeneRally feature request list

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Martyn

Re: Official Generally feature request list

Post by Martyn »

how about a collumn of tyres object to build tyre walls
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
Paw

Post by Paw »

How the objects are handled? If they are in .car filetype, are they easy to put to the game? If yes, we could've made kind of contest, where you can make your objects, and the best ones will get into the game.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

they are part of the .exe
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Lorenzo wrote:22 cars is indeed too much, but why not 12? It would be really exciting, besides, starting position and first laps would be much more important than now which could be really cool, especially when simulating F1 races ;)..
I don't think there should be any arbitrary limit on number of cars - let the player decide! Some of the tracks around these days give more than enough room for 20 or more cars, IMO...
I like short, simple signatures!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Having more than 6 cars would render ALL previous tracks useless. Also, isn't it part of the simpleness of the game that we all love
Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

Giving an ObjectCreator to the players would kill the essence of trackmaking. The same thing would happen with tycoon games that have been hacked. The players lost control over their need of construct. Look at Rollercoaster Tycoon 2(I don't know what's with 3 nowdays...), players have gone too far, lost sight of the main thing years ago. Giving a certian number of objects to the player covers a very basic game mechanic. Even increasing the number of objects is a delicate question. GR is a small game, let it be like this. Aim for the constructive complements. Don't let the horse fly away with you.
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Martyn wrote:Having more than 6 cars would render ALL previous tracks useless. Also, isn't it part of the simpleness of the game that we all love
Not really - even for a hopeless content creator like me, it's easy to open up the TE and add extra grid places. I don't think that having the option for extra cars affects "simplicity" at all, but if you do, you could continue to use as many or as few cars as you wanted.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I have a request for car editing - to be able to write "Car properties" in the .car file itself, similar to the "Track properties" in tracks.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
The MNZ

Post by The MNZ »

Possinility to choose the number of polygon points on car making(between 3 or 4)
laokin28

Post by laokin28 »

There's a bug since a long time: when in a championship, if I decide to end the last race before its end, results of the championship won't show, instead I go back directly to the main menu^^

And I know they are already in the list, but points that need to be improved first are, I think:
-collision between players and IA (I wait for it since I play this game...)
-trying to improve anti-aliasing on high resolutions
-find a solution for showing the entire track when in a wide resolution (like 1400*900 for instance^^)

But I'm glad to see Generally evolving again :)
V.Mendonca(VITORFM)

Post by V.Mendonca(VITORFM) »

bduddy wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:22 cars is indeed too much, but why not 12? It would be really exciting, besides, starting position and first laps would be much more important than now which could be really cool, especially when simulating F1 races ;)..
I don't think there should be any arbitrary limit on number of cars - let the player decide! Some of the tracks around these days give more than enough room for 20 or more cars, IMO...

I agree with you bduddy! let the player decide it, everyone could put how many AI them want... perfect!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Some sort of "competition mode" where the program would output, and possibly even download, the files necessary for a competition automatically without all of this login, screenshot, save game... stuff.
Spykee

Post by Spykee »

My two competition requests ;)

- Capability of adjusting the speed of fuel and tyre loading would be very interesting specially for the competitions.

- Remove the 'Save' button while racing. The only option to save game should be after or before the race like in all such games. That would be so much helpfull... no more screenshots in competitions.
Anning

Post by Anning »

hi, all. my first posting.

my requests:
・replace 'game speed' option
・avoid the confusion at the pits (pushing and shoving as getting in & out)
・when a car is lapped by a faster car, let it pass
・enlarge the car list window

i hoped the requests could be.
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

If a flag system is introduced, can we have a red flag? I only know one game that has that (F1 Circus)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Anning wrote: my requests:
Yeah i get annoyed too when i'm about to lap someone and he doesn't get out of the way. Blue flags are needed.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Alex wrote:
Yeah i get annoyed too when i'm about to lap someone and he doesn't get out of the way. Blue flags are needed.
i think blue flags should be banned in real life. getting through traffic used to be a skill, now it's a given
Haruna
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Haruna »

Alex wrote:
Get the heck out. Now.
You are the faster racer, it is your job to make a safe pass. Of course it is his job too to make sure neither of you wreck, but in the end, it's like motoring laws in Japan: The responsibility is on the trailing driver, not the one in front.
"In my world, we don't have enemies. Only rivals.
In my world, our dreams become REALITY."

-- World Endurance Championship 2015 Promotion
Anning

Post by Anning »

Haruna wrote: Get the heck out. Now.
You are the faster racer, it is your job to make a safe pass. Of course it is his job too to make sure neither of you wreck, but in the end, it's like motoring laws in Japan: The responsibility is on the trailing driver, not the one in front.
i think my explanation was not enough.
i hardly drive in Generally, just watch races by 6 AIs. even in one-make races, some car are lapped and lapped occasionally,
so a faster car is damaged when overtaking another damaged car. i want to set 'damage option' points high, though.

is it that bad? and DON'T talk to me that tone of voice.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Haruna wrote:
Alex wrote:
Get the heck out. Now.
Whoa man i was only suggesting an feature, no need to snap like that. If some people don't want it and it gets implemented then just have it as an option to turn off and on. It would come handy when attempting to simulate Formula One seasons and stuff like that.
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

A very useful and IMO not so hard to implement Track Editor feature: hotkeys. Like pressing "D" would toggle delete object button etc.
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

egamad wrote:A very useful and IMO not so hard to implement Track Editor feature: hotkeys. Like pressing "D" would toggle delete object button etc.
Great idea :bg:
Whiplash

GeneRally online and chasing camera feature

Post by Whiplash »

You probably talked about this million times, but I can't find any post related to it. Maybe someone could find those topics (posts) for me and put the links of them here? ;)

But it would be great if you could tell me few informations about those features here too. ;)
Is that possible to do, and does anyone work on it?
Thanks.
Btw, new version of GR deserves all compliments. Well done!!! :bg:
bduddy

Re: GeneRally online and chasing camera feature

Post by bduddy »

You should probably look at the stickied features request list :) There is no online play except possibly by remote desktop, and certainly it's one of the most requested features out there. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "chasing camera feature"...
Rendy

Re: GeneRally online and chasing camera feature

Post by Rendy »

bduddy wrote:You should probably look at the stickied features request list :) There is no online play except possibly by remote desktop, and certainly it's one of the most requested features out there. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "chasing camera feature"...
I think he meant the camera view where it follows the player's movement. Didn't we pertained this camera view on the other thread...?
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog