Track Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers v1

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
zgr

Re: Track Ideas, W.I.P. and Teasers/Trailers

Post by zgr »

:D its a good idea...but maybe the logo of the track! thanks scorpion :)
Hello.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Do not mention it. :)
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
arhpositive

Post by arhpositive »

Hi everyone. My name is Arhan. I used to hang out in RSC forums before they got closed. I had a total of three tracks and one JE contribution then. (I know, a small number, heh. :) ) I did a RWL circuit in Turkey back then (Izmit), but it was years ago and I lost all my work related to Generally somewhere when I was upgrading my computer.

I want to make a few more tracks, and I'll begin with the same RWL circuit I finished four years ago. (It was 2007 when I was contributing in RSC forums, if I recall correctly.) I began working on Izmit circuit again. I only finished the basic circuit with Snakeditor, but I need some thoughts on it since doing RWL circuits is hard work.

Here are the track and Google Earth image side-by-side. Please make comments on the track if it feels wrong in some places.

BTW, I set the track width to 23 including borders. Is this ok or should I set it to 24-25? I know that some circuits are made with 24-25 width but this circuit is old and not as wide as a modern circuit. (I suppose.) What is the minimum width where a circuit feels comfortable to drive?

Notes - WS is 255. Kerbs are not finished. I'm also not happy with the right side of the circuit, taking suggestions.

Thank you for your comments.
Attachments
last track2.jpg
Google Image
Google Image
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Looks OK, maybe the right-bottom part of layout s too close to edge of map.

But look on Track of the Month website, there very likely is your old Izmit. Or contact LongBow. :bg:

And welcome back. :wave:
arhpositive

Post by arhpositive »

Trigger Happy wrote: But look on Track of the Month website, there very likely is your old Izmit. Or contact LongBow. :bg:
Thank you for the tooltip. Yeah the old track might still be on the ToM website and I'm going to download it for sure. But still, I'll keep on developing this one because the old one had issues such as track being too wide and surroundings being inaccurate.
Besides, new 1.10 objects can't hurt, either. :)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

After some weeks I started new track :)
Attachments
Preview.JPG
Areen

Post by Areen »

It looks good? Any suggestions for middle part of track?
shot0000.png
a1b23

Post by a1b23 »

a small soccer Stadium?
Not sure how it will look, seems decent when i think about it.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

Maybe kart track?
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

Maybe small cafe?
Pedestrian bridge as entrance, one house, two or three booths
and some landmap objects, like benches, chairs, tables...
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

Areen, definitely something that is not grey, the track already has plenty of it and it needs to have some color too ;)

Also, I wouldn't use such a heavy dithering, but if you want to use it, it's up to you :)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I agree with Aleksi, don't make it a concrete jungle, and I'd let the green be as green as possible. ;)

Did you make the AI line yet? It seems to me that you'll have a hard time making it work, as the pit entrance and pit crews are very close together and AI drivers will want to pit through the concrete wall.. Test that so you won't bang your head later on. :headbang:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

i was going to say the same, have a wall that goes around the end of the pits and 1st turn, but i would leave an open grass area with no wall inside turns 7,8,9 and 10.

two other points, i would consider increasing the shadow under the motorway and the 5/6 chicane looks a bit squarish :2c:

edit: also the wall on the inside of the 2nd hairpin, i would run that wall right on the white line down to the kerb before the 5/6 chicane, this would give some more room on the outside of turn 1
Last edited by Bouncebackability on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I also think, that you'll have extreme issue with pit AI line on entrance. Maybe even impossible (on 95%). A hint - replace grey for the two cars on top by better colour, the grey has no 3D effect with road around (maybe ice?).
Krisu
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Krisu »

I'd say you could put there a pond, with a small café on its edge, maybe ;)

And I agree with Ivo that the pit entrance is too tricky for the AI.

Keep making! :)
My latest creation: F-Astor Junior

I know only that I do not know

Long live speed, thrash, death, black and doom metal without forgetting grindcore!
BRIX

Post by BRIX »

lol.PNG
:)
Areen

Post by Areen »

Okay, so this is my response ;d Firstly thank you for so much help and tips for this track ;] I know what to do with pit, will be just straight. Dithering is okay, but I will do it better. I like idea with cafe, but I don't know what i do yet.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Areen wrote:I know what to do with pit, will be just straight.
You're optimist. I think that neither straight nor the Brix's proposal will work - because the back-straight AI pit lane will be so close, that AIs will ''smell'' pit crews and will drive to wall between entrance and pit crews. Try to do testing version, you'll see what I mean, I hope I'm wrong.
AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

You should be able to keep this entrance (I think it's very nice) if you draw the pit AI like in this picture, and if needed, also move the crews further away from the entrance. The down side is, that then the AI's wouldn't be able to use this cool entrance to it's full capabilities :vsad: :D
Attachments
areenwip.png
Lorenzo

Post by Lorenzo »

But on your picture AI pit lane crosses the best line, so there would be many accidents when one car enters the pit lane and another one doesn't :(.

Well, I don't like the shape of that layout. I don't know how to describe it, but it just doesn't look good to me. Especially the first corner that is too close to the back straight.
zgr

Post by zgr »

Funchena Raceway...
Funchena.JPG
Hello.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

a shame that there are only 3 pits, can you not put them outside the track, or maybe at an odd angle running from the last turn along the straight after turn 2? :scratch:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Bouncebackability wrote:a shame that there are only 3 pits, can you not put them outside the track, or maybe at an odd angle running from the last turn along the straight after turn 2? :scratch:
i could try, i will try my best, to make more pits :bg:
Hello.
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

My WiP:
preview.PNG
preview.PNG (1.11 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
It will an [evo] track.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

Reminds me Dijon-prenois ;) But the corners don't look very appealing, it's just like two sections - highspeed section (interrupted by a chicane) and then esses :|