Official GeneRally feature request list

General discussion about your experience with the game.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: Official Generally feature request list

Post by Lukeno94 »

I would call for a better method of lighting and such, to get rid of some of the glitches car models often create. And also this would probably solve the bug I'm experiencing in my full-sized Class 153 (see the car previews thread), but more wheel support (I don't think unlimited is possible, or really a good idea, 8-10 max for GeneRally feel) is a very good idea.

We definitely need more colour support, a 256 colour palette is surely doable without any major recoding, other than to actually use those colours?
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

I think a bigger HMAP would be awesome
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.06, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
cslickz

Post by cslickz »

so what happens to all these requests? (especially the one about more cars like 12 cars instead of 6)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

They are read by developers and taken in consideration for new features in future improvement of the game.
cslickz

Post by cslickz »

Trigger Happy wrote:They are read by developers and taken in consideration for new features in future improvement of the game.
ooh okay so do you think its possible to have more cars or is that not a viable move as the game has always been 6 cars
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

I'm not developer, I don't know the answer.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

If the developers want a train model, I can send them my Class 153, which they could simply alter the length of and number of wheels and reconfigure the model as an object - that must be possible somehow.
SGroe

Post by SGroe »

My requests include:

(1) Highlight (e.g. bold) realized updates (e.g. Armco barrier, Lower office buildings) in the request list in the first post of this topic. Also the game version can be mentioned.
(2) Expand the statistics (race result, championship standings) after the race:
(2.a) The driver's lap record can be included in the race statistics. Replace driver's lap record in favour of lap time of the last lap in the status bar after crossing the finish line.
(2.b) Include navigation buttons or assign left/right arrows on keyboard. Sometimes I want to see the race result, but can't do this because I already continued to championship standings.
(2.c) Include a lap journal (highlight personal/overall best lap time).
(3) Include game version in main menu, e.g. in the top-right corner next to Generally label

Other requests are already in the list. My favourite is "Speed limiter checkpoint pits" ;-)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

SGroe wrote:Replace driver's lap record in favour of lap time of the last lap in the status bar after crossing the finish line.
The best lap time of the race is already seen in the status bar after crossing the finish line, not the last lap. :)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

He meant it opposite, I guess, ''replace the record lap by displaying the time of last lap in the race''. :shrug:
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

he is saying that after the finish of the race, currently it shows the drivers best lap of the race, and there is no way to see the laptime of the final lap. so instead of putting the PB in the bottom bar, put it in the race results screen.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Bouncebackability wrote:he is saying that after the finish of the race, currently it shows the drivers best lap of the race, and there is no way to see the laptime of the final lap. so instead of putting the PB in the bottom bar, put it in the race results screen.
Oh yes, I think you and Ivo are right, now that I read the sentence again. Not a bad suggestion - I've actually been thinking this myself as well. Maybe the best laps of each driver could be next to their race results then.
SGroe

Post by SGroe »

In short: I want to see the lap time of the last lap.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Perhaps it should show that, but in brackets underneath it should show the fastest lap? If that is workable at all.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Double post, but a new request after my fail: when you delete tracks or track folders from GeneRally, as I just did, could they go to the recycle bin, or have an option that such things do that, so when idiots like me hit delete instead of delete track, you don't lose everything? :D
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

May seem a bit trivial, but could we have an intro sequence when you start the game, like them ones on older vodeo games.
Rebellion765

Post by Rebellion765 »

Would be good if some new objects appears:
*Tire barrier
*Pit Building
*High Wall
*Cars (Importing *.car data of your choice)
*Train line
*Brick Wall
*Stairs
*Grandstand
Nevertheless, it is important to keep the arcade style of GeneRally. The ideas presented at the start of the topic are good, but many of them would change the game entirely, and there would never be the GeneRally we love.
Rebellion765
Formerly known as IndyCARman and Shifted.
Latest track: Lake Koenig | Latest car: Dallara SF19
Steam profile | I post about Ridge Racer at Lucid Rhythms
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

And can we have an object in which when the object is hit, it'll act just like the traffic cones we see everyday...

Ah, screw my vocab, I want that.
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Alex

Post by Alex »

Shifted wrote:Would be good if some new objects appears:
*Tire barrier
*Pit Building
*High Wall
*Train line
*Brick Wall
*Stairs
*Grandstand
Nevertheless, it is important to keep the arcade style of GeneRally. The ideas presented at the start of the topic are good, but many of them would change the game entirely, and there would never be the GeneRally we love.
I pretty much agree with them apart from train line where you could just edit the lmap in ms paint, and aren't the grandstands just another name for stands?
Look to the left ----------------> that's to the right, mate :(
Owner of Team GeneAlex
GRACE S1 - 25th out of 47 drivers and 14th out of 18 teams. Not bad for a first season eh?
GRC S18 - 15th out of 26 (7th out of 14 in junior standings)
Rebellion765

Post by Rebellion765 »

Alex wrote:
Shifted wrote:Would be good if some new objects appears:
*Tire barrier
*Pit Building
*High Wall
*Train line
*Brick Wall
*Stairs
*Grandstand
I pretty much agree with them apart from train line where you could just edit the lmap in ms paint, and aren't the grandstands just another name for stands?
Grandstands are the double floor stands, without the use of Hmap to raise then.
Rebellion765
Formerly known as IndyCARman and Shifted.
Latest track: Lake Koenig | Latest car: Dallara SF19
Steam profile | I post about Ridge Racer at Lucid Rhythms
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Train-lines as an object aren't a bad idea as they aren't level, flat objects in real life (unlike a road) ;) but we might also want a train station object as well, so... :D
Hiken17

Post by Hiken17 »

i'd like to see the skip marks performed still there the next timeyou open the circuit :nod: and i agree with rendy's suggestion
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my gr creations
GeneFans/The official spanish forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Not sure that's possible, I can't think of any game that does that, and it's not very arcade-like anyway - plus it defeats the whole point of having two tarmac grips on a heavily-worn track.
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

It might be nice to have the windowed GR centered in the screen when starting. When I start it, I only see the half screen, that's very annoying :headbang:
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

That's very true, and it also seems to randomly move around sometimes at startup?