GRPL Speedway Grand Prix [TT] [Login]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
Bird

Re: GRPL Speedway Grand Prix [TT] [Login]

Post by Bird »

Hm--- I made a little fault at my login for the main event. I didn't looked at the table you posted in the spoiler. So I forgot to make my fifth race. But fortuneatly this is only the pre-season-test.

By the way: Poland will blast off everyone in the Nation standings on GWR!
Supporter of Windows 98
Marcinho
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Marcinho »

@up

You dont make fifth race, bro. One of heats will be use two times.
_________

My place is better than drive. In Main my times is better :D
Sorry for my English :D
Marcinho Motorsports :: GeneRally Championship Association
Generally Touring Cars Challenge :: Season 6
Areen

Post by Areen »

I hope that somebody from international crew will fight with us, because our (polish) results are really slow :P

@Bird, you're suppose to do only 4 races. One of the heats will be used two times for your result ;)
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

As Marcinho and Areen wrote, you should do only 4 races, so everything is OK. ;)

GWR? Well, I thought that more of non-Polish people will start in SGP, sadly they didn't. :( Maybe I will get a bit more of you, but I don't think so - maybe because it's a really different competition from everything here.
puttz

Post by puttz »

For me, it looks like a fun compo, but the schedule is just too hectic and too much to do in one week for my taste, and also the time I have for GR. I also don't care to have to sign up for another forum just to race in one compo.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

puttz, it's just this week when one GP is in the same time as another. Normally, there is a bigger break between two Grand Prix events.
Too mush things in one week? Well, it may look like this, but it's seriously not bad. Look:
- you have a whole week (Monday/Tuesday-Sunday) to send your Qualifying saves (4 rides, about 30 seconds each)
- if you were in best 16 of Qualifying, you have 3 days (Monday-Wednesday) to send you Main Event saves (4 rides)
- if you were in best 8 of Main Event, you have 2 days (Thursday-Friday) to send your Semi-Final save (only 1 ride)
- and if you were in best 4 of Semi-Finals, you have another 2 days to send your Final save (again only 1 ride)
That's right, there may be even 10 rides (4 log-ins) in 2 weeks to do, but you do everything with same bike on same track, so it doesn't take so much time. And you won't always qualify for Semi-Finals and Final, so in fact many times you (of course not you particulary, but everyone) will only have to do 2 log-ins, sometimes even one. As I said, it's not really "hectic" as you said and the competition is really popular (20 riders signed in) and the rivalry should be great. ;)
Sign up on GRPL just to race here? Well, I don't see a problem, that's only 2 minutes or even less and after this you could only use this thread (not generally.pl) because I'm also posting everything here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

But if you're a good driver, then you have to find time to login three times in one week, with 2 or 3 day windows. That surely sounds hectic to me. ;)
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

But those races are on same track for 2 weeks and are very short (less than 30 seconds each), so you don't need to practice before each one so much time. And a login is not more than 5 minutes of your time, including getting here and finding the LS link. If it would be really hectic, we wouldn't have so much competitors. ;) And your logins are nothing compared to amount of work for me doing the results. :P
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

As a person who sometimes has hard time finding even that one time for login 3 logins surely sounds hectic. Being away for a weekend means no logging in the final. Anyway, I'm not saying anything else, I'm not even attending. ;)
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

If one is away for a weekend, he can contact me so I will give him a chance to participate earlier, so this isn't a problem.
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

I'm sorry, but the results won't be available today. You should expect them tomorrow evening.
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

• Bird - you were late by 16 seconds, no penalty because that's only pre-season test
  • Sartalas - you were late by 36 seconds, no penalty because that's only pre-season test and I know about your crashes with SGP game package
  • Buka - I just want to let you know that only 4 seconds longer and you would be late
Last edited by Lerhond on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I feel like being less than a minute late shouldn't be penalized at all - any slight internet slowdown or computer slowdown would put you over the edge!
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

So the time limit could just be one minute higher. ;)
Time limit in SGP is quite long now, but I see that some people have problems with it, so if I won't solve it I will consider increasing it by 30-60 seconds for the season.
Buka

Post by Buka »

Though I failed to win a place in play-off, I must say that this champ is real fun. :bg: It takes only 3-4 minutes per race and maybe 20 minutes to train. I strongly suggest to join it (believe me, I have over 900 events behind).
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

• Bird, Wojtek - in Q and ME fuel mass is 50 kg, but in SF you should change it to 25 kg and 0 kg in F
  • Bird, Marcinho, Milek, Wojtek - in SF and F, where you send only one save, you don't need to put it into archive
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Don't forget about Pre-season test 2! Deadline for Qualifying is tommorow at 20:00.
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Attachments
00-T1-F.zip
(19.4 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

• Fiołek - 1,22 s penalty to each ride because you were late by 73 s
  • Notariush - 0,02 s penalty to each ride because you were late by 2 s
Attachments
00-T2-Q.zip
(625.37 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

0.02s penalty by being late by 2s? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDING ME!?! Only 2seconds late! Just my :2c:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Mad Dan
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Mad Dan »

2s? That's rather harsh. I really doubt he used 2s for cheating or anything...
Bird

Post by Bird »

At least nobody can claim that it's unfair. Even if it's minimalistic, it seems that the results aren't really affected by this.
Supporter of Windows 98
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Bird wrote:At least nobody can claim that it's unfair. Even if it's minimalistic, it seems that the results aren't really affected by this.
That's right. I understand your opinion Mad Dan and FRUKIScze, but the time limit is exact, so I punish in every situation that somebody exceeds this limit. I considered not giving him this penalty, but:
1. that would be unfair for other competitors
2. it didn't change anything in the results
3. he got a very small penalty for a very small delay - I think that's OK
4. what would be the point of time limit when you can exceed it without any penalty? If a small delay like this could be accepted, the time limit could just be longer. But it isn't, so there goes a penalty.
@EDIT: 5. there is a high probability that he was late because he repeated a ride, which is a thing that shouldn't be done in Login System
Lerhond

Post by Lerhond »

Attachments
00-T2-FZ.zip
(606.58 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

A detail,
Lerhond wrote:@EDIT: 5. there is a high probability that he was late because he repeated a ride, which is a thing that shouldn't be done in Login System
This shows small issue in your logic - it doesn't really matter, how long the delay is, if minute or 10 minutes - it's always equally alarming. Then why the length of delay should be relevant for scaling the punishment? :shhh: