ToM discussions thread

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Buka

Re: ToM discussions thread

Post by Buka »

Any more opinions here, please?
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

First of all, all of the packs you think are clearly OK are clearly OK for me too. :cool2:
1. Did I miss any trackpack?
I think ParkingCross by CamrosX is eligible. It might look like variations off the same track but I feel the tracks are too different to be that - they just happen to use the same parking lot. What do you others think?
2. What do you think about Silverstone, Schnecke and OTUP?
Silverstone - no, the great majority of the pack was released before, there's just one 2012 track.
Schnecke - yes.
OTUP - no, only 7 out of 31 tracks (if I count right) are from 2012. In a way it's a pity that it's this way but blame it on the project leader. :P
3. Do you think Cure'30 should be considered as a part of Cure trackpack?
This I would let slide. It's kind of preview of the whole pack.
4. Do you think we can consider this list as a nomination list (including any pack that I might have missed)?
Definitely.
5. Any other thoughts?
That's about it. ;)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@Tuomo:

1. Well, if you say so... Then I would also think ParkingCross should be eligable to be voted.
2. I agree with you on that.
3. If you asked me, I would leave it out for the sake of release dates.
4. & 5. Yeah.
FRUKIScze

Re: Track of the Month - June 2013 (voting time)

Post by FRUKIScze »

What happened to Buka?
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

At June, there wasn't any RWL, and now at July, there are so many nominates of RWL. Very interesting :D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

FRUKIScze wrote:What happened to Buka?
Vacation. :-)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Můžeš mi to přeložit? :D
Can you translate it for me? :D
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Dovolená. :)
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Aha. Až teď me napadlo, že si to mužů dat do googlu překladače xD

Oh. I can put it into google translator xD
Ted jsem to moc dobře nepředložil :D Už se mi z toho motá jazyk.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I just voted and noticed that in the nominations page Joint Effort Amateur Team has been marked as author of Ahoyo, even though the real author of the track is actually Scholl.
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

My mistake (in ToM interface author groups and individual authors are separate rows, individually Scholl was selected, but I left group selected too from previous adding a JEA track). :doh: Fixed, thanks! :bg:
Buka

Post by Buka »

Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła! 7 voters from Poland gave 25 votes to Polish trackmakers an 2 - to non-Polish.

Bravo! :clap:
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Buka wrote:Jeszcze Polska nie zginęła! 7 voters from Poland gave 25 votes to Polish trackmakers an 2 - to non-Polish.

Bravo! :clap:
This is really interesting thing. We must check polish forum, maybe, there will be something :( This need investigation :2c:
Areen

Post by Areen »

We're not like that. I mean, we're not doing on our forum things like, we must vote for this track only. Don't be suspicious :) I really think that the best track are on the podium :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

FRUKIScze wrote:This is really interesting thing. We must check polish forum, maybe, there will be something :( This need investigation :2c:
That is not elementary, my dear Watson. :sherlock: :lol:
Areen wrote: I really think that the best track are on the podium :)
Yeah, the Polish podium is rightfully deserved, that's for sure. Like I've said in the ToM 7/13 thread, today is a perfect day for our Poles. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

The thing is, that Polish community in general is very focused on rwl tracks. And because all 14 (!) rwl tracks this month were made by Poles, then most of Polish votes went mostly to Polish trackmakers, naturally. When people of other nationalities share here a decent rwl track, then the track is also supported in ToM by many Polish votes, it's not matter of nationality, only of track genre preference. :cool:

And a ''solution''? Of course more votes, more voters! :coolboard: So guys, don't be shy to vote your favourite tracks to support them. :bg:
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:
2. What do you think about ... OTUP?
OTUP - no, only 7 out of 31 tracks (if I count right) are from 2012. In a way it's a pity that it's this way but blame it on the project leader. :P
Sorry to bump this, but I received a reply from GeorgM about ToY/PoY preparations and this issue he raised once more. I'd like to hear more opinions about the OTUP, if for PoY 2012 or not.

My personal opinion is,
that release of individual tracks is irrelevant, what counts is when the pack/project is finished and released - IMHO it's like a JE track, which similarly has none or maybe one square actually made in a month, which is nominated for, all other work is made earlier. :shrug:
Paw

Post by Paw »

Trigger Happy wrote:
TuomoH wrote:
2. What do you think about ... OTUP?
Sorry to bump this, but I received a reply from GeorgM about ToY/PoY preparations and this issue he raised once more. I'd like to hear more opinions about the OTUP, if for PoY 2012 or not.

My personal opinion is,
that release of individual tracks is irrelevant, what counts is when the pack/project is finished and released - IMHO it's like a JE track, which similarly has none or maybe one square actually made in a month, which is nominated for, all other work is made earlier. :shrug:
If these tracks as a pack didn't participate in previous election (and I assume they didn't, beacause they are not excluded automatically) they should be available in current one IMO.
Buka

Post by Buka »

What about BBA's Silverstone? IMHO, rules should be equal for OTUP and Silverstone. I incline to say "yes" to both of them.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Bba's Silverstone should be completely ineligible; only ONE track is from 2012. I'd say no to OTUP as well, since most tracks aren't from 2012.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:IMHO it's like a JE track, which similarly has none or maybe one square actually made in a month, which is nominated for, all other work is made earlier.
I think it's not the same as JE since even though in both cases lots of work is done prior the final release date but in JE none of the parts released earlier are playable.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

TuomoH wrote:I think it's not the same as JE since even though in both cases lots of work is done prior the final release date but in JE none of the parts released earlier are playable.
It may depend on definition of playability. In case of JE it's a single track, so it's truth what you say - none of the squares released earlier is playable on its own. Question is, if same is valid for the pack, if the scope should be a track or rather target of the pack, playing whole season on updated tracks, so from that PoV the pack wasn't playable at least until moment, when each track had at least one update, you cannot do that with just half of those tracks. :scratch:

But it's probably bit too much detail, better would be to see here more yea or nay. So, what do you think, guys? :)
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

Like Tuomo, I too disagree with your opinion that OTUP is *roughly* the same as JE, because needless to say, these two projects are completely different from each other. With that said you got a nay from me.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

JE tracks aren't eligible for PoY, although JET packs are, probably. JE tracks are single tracks, maybe with a couple of layout variations, but not what I'd call a [tpk]. To me, a trackpack has to be either a bunch of different tracks, or an evolution pack.

Merged double reply from Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:17 am:

JE tracks aren't eligible for PoY, although JET packs are, probably. JE tracks are single tracks, maybe with a couple of layout variations, but not what I'd call a [tpk]. To me, a trackpack has to be either a bunch of different tracks, or an evolution pack.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

I'd like to nominate some tracks for ToM September, but I cannot see September's nomination thread anywhere... :kickcan:
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil