GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
puttz

Re: GWR (Generally World Ranking)

Post by puttz »

There is an error with the listing of Grand Prix Legends. Round 3 should be Historic Grand Prix of Apres, not Grand Prix de Chartres.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Gzehoo wrote:In GWR with Endurance Series there is only a little mistake with double "6h of Spa", there should be written 24h of Le Mans.

Anyway, it's good to see in GWR teams classification for every race in Endurance ;)
puttz wrote:Noticed a slight error with the ways points are noted for teams in GP Legends, team points should be only the highest finisher's points, not the combined total of both drivers.
puttz wrote:There is an error with the listing of Grand Prix Legends. Round 3 should be Historic Grand Prix of Apres, not Grand Prix de Chartres.
Thanks, it's corrected ;)
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

It was clear for some time already, but ...

Congratulations, Alonso. :bowdown:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Trigger Happy wrote:It was clear for some time already, but ...

Congratulations, Alonso. :bowdown:
Yes, very well deserved. :up: :up:
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Big congratulations for the winners, the new champions are :

Driver of the year : Alonso
Race category : Alonso
Hotlap category : Alonso
Timetrial category : kuba
Rookie of the year : Gr Driver
Team of the year : Croatia Racing Team
Nation of the year : Poland

Leaders of the general classification :
- until January 19 : TuomoH
- until February 9 : Trigger Happy
- until February 16 : Reh
- until March 10 : Fabricio
- until April 26 : Reh
- until the end of the year : Alonso
puttz

Post by puttz »

Congrats, Alonso. A well deserved victory :bg:
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Dear Alonso... You are unstoppable, evident by your shining performances on the compos you joined.

Keep it that way, and good luck on future :bg:
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Rookie of the month - January
5th in Rookie of the Year
6th place for Czech Republic (thx Ivo)
7th place for Czech Republic Racing team
Not a bad season for a bad driver like me :bsmile:

btw...Congrats Alonso, really unbelievable :up:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Yeah it was a great year for me and my team :winner:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it :happythanks:
Btw congrats to kuba, Gr Driver and Poland for their success :up:

Cheers
kuba

Post by kuba »

I was thinking about introducing new multiplier, which would depends on how many separate login sessions are during one event.

Currently in one GP (which responds to one event in GWR) of GRPL Speedway Grand Prix we had 4 (Qualifying, Main Event, Semi-finals and Final), later 3 (no Qualifying) separate login sessions - that is definitely more absorbing than single session event.

Qualifying of GRPL F1 World Championship has 2 sessions, and soon Sartalas'es Global Rallycross Series starts, when we will have to 2 or 3 login sessions during one event.

I'm thinking about formula like:

Code: Select all

1 + C * (N - 1)
where N is number of login session during event and C is constant - 0.1, 0.2, 0.25 - that's to discuss.

Any thoughts?
puttz

Post by puttz »

On the flip side, what about series that have more than one different track in the same login (e.g. V8 Supercars)? That would make it more challenging as you have to be prepared for more than 1 track when you log in. Is it really necessary to have a bunch of multipliers for different scenarios of how a round of racing is played out?
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

puttz wrote:Is it really necessary to have a bunch of multipliers for different scenarios of how a round of racing is played out?
Same feelings here. Just let it how it roles now, it roles fine :)
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
kuba

Post by kuba »

puttz wrote:what about series that have more than one different track in the same login (e.g. V8 Supercars)?
I don't know, you can propose something, although it different case as we receive points for both events as they were separate logins.

puttz wrote:Is it really necessary to have a bunch of multipliers for different scenarios of how a round of racing is played out?
Of course it isn't necessary, I'm only suggesting it as improvement.

GWR points should be rewarded according to event's difficulty:
It has to reward the efforts of the players : the more there is participants and the more it is difficult to have good result.
Jo agreed with Lerhond to treat one GP as one event and I believe it would be reasonable to reward drivers with a little bit more points as it definitely require more efforts than one login session event.

FRUKIScze wrote:it roles fine
It's better than fine (we had 3000th event this week, that's incredible knowing it's one man work), but why not make it even better?
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

kuba wrote:Jo agreed with Lerhond to treat one GP as one event and I believe it would be reasonable to reward drivers with a little bit more points as it definitely require more efforts than one login session event.
When 2 events may be run within one login (like V8 supercars now), then IMHO is also possible and fair to say, that 1 event may be separated into 2 or more logins - if it reflects spirit of the event and intention of organizer. To give an example other than Speedway GPs, Acropolis Rally 2010 consisted of 3 logins, but it has only one overall winner with GWR points awarded only once according final summary results of this one race (TT to be precise). Same goes to rallys with 2 logins per each of WRC during 2012 (both organized by Dan mainly). And I'm very happy with this solution, because position in any provisional results after 1st and 2nd login are irrelevant, because the race is not over yet. On contrary when I organized ADAC Rallye during 2009, at that time Jo had not yet accepted this approach in rules, so this single race was counted as 3 GWR events with 3 event winners (sic!), drivers threetimes awarded by GWR points and overall rally result has status of Championship standings, so drivers weren't awarded by GWR points according overall results at all. To my little disappointment (but it's history and both Jo and I agreed, that would not be fair to change it retroactively due consequences on GWR results). So I'm personally satisfied with current rules like they are. But just my :2c: .
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Thanks for your comments and propositions ;)
Maybe I can follow this system :
1) 2 different tracks or more : +1 on the mutiplier.
2) N deadlines : +(N-1) on the multiplier (only if the event type is the same).

Exemple for GRPL Speedway GP, Danish GP (it's only an exemple, the changes would no be retroactive)
The multiplier become 4.25 instead of 2.25
The points become :
1° kuba (POL) : 98 pts (instead of 52)
2° Areen (POL) : 77 pts (... 41)
3° Yankess (POL) : 60 pts (... 32)
4° Bird (GER) : 43 pts (... 23)
5° Qwerz (POL) : 30 pts (... 16)
6° Lerhond (POL) : 17 pts (... 9)
7° Sartalas (POL) : 9 pts (... 5)
Bird

Post by Bird »

I think it feels wrong to get so many points for the GRPL Speedway Grand Prix. The races are only 4 laps on small ovals and they are so easy. If we give x4.25 for Speedway, that would be nearly the same multiplier like for the 50 km Bathurst race (x5). Is that a compairison between a long race on a difficult track and a lot of small races where no skill is required?

We will have another competition that will have more races per login: All-In-One-championship by Herbal. Is that really more difficult, to make three shorter races, than making one long race? I feel also a psychologic aspect in the long races, because if you do a mistake in them, you know you've probably screwed up your whole race. In three short races, you can say: Oh I had a bad first race, fortuneatly there are more races to make the result better.
Supporter of Windows 98
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Bird wrote:I think it feels wrong to get so many points for the GRPL Speedway Grand Prix. The races are only 4 laps on small ovals and they are so easy. If we give x4.25 for Speedway, that would be nearly the same multiplier like for the 50 km Bathurst race (x5). Is that a compairison between a long race on a difficult track and a lot of small races where no skill is required?
:up:
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

I must say I agree with Bird. As Ivo, I'm satisfied with the rules as they currently are.
kuba

Post by kuba »

Don't make it as a rule for GRPL Speedway Grand Prix only. It's rule for all events that consist of multiple deadlines. The races are only 4 laps on small ovals and that is rewarded by distance multiplier. More deadlines require more focus. If you have just one run, you may get lucky and have good position. For more deadlines you have to get focused more times, IMO that's what makes harder to get good position.

In Ai1C for each of 3 runs we're receiving points as they are 3 separate logins, and as Jo wrote "only if the event type is the same" so this new rule would not apply.
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

More deadlines IMHO limit training time, but personally I don't think that more logins require more attention.

IMHO much more demanding is one login with more events at once, because one must focus 10-15 minutes. That's the matter, which differs average drivers from top class. It's trivial to keep attention/focus/concentration for a short login, even average drivers (like me) can do flawless runs in a 3 min short time trials, that's why short have small margins between drivers. Having more logins gives time to refresh by break between logins, so IMHO make it easier. :shrug:
puttz

Post by puttz »

I agree with Ivo here, it takes more skill to do a bunch of tracks in 1 login, whereas multiple logins for 1 round is easier. Not just because of shorter time, but also previous logins (especially in something like GRPL Speedway GP) function as practice for future logins. I'd say just leave multipliers as they are now, no changes needed :)
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

After hearing the views of each one, I decided not to change anything for now, but the discution remains open.
Gzehoo

Post by Gzehoo »

A little mistake with Grand Tour Trophy in GWR - there was used Maciej1's Shanghai Tianma Circuit (don't confuse with Shanghai International Circuit) and there is picture with JohnQ's Stratotech Park.
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server
Jo.sk
GeneRally Wizard

Post by Jo.sk »

Gzehoo wrote:A little mistake with Grand Tour Trophy in GWR - there was used Maciej1's Shanghai Tianma Circuit (don't confuse with Shanghai International Circuit) and there is picture with JohnQ's Stratotech Park.
Thanks, now it's OK ;)
Gzehoo

Re: GRPL GP2 Series: Season 11 [HL / Timetrial] [Login]

Post by Gzehoo »

A little info for GWR:

Kaelte is now Boko ;)
Chairman of Lambda Motosports Cars
Lambda Motosports
Team Manager | Gzehoo on GWR

[*] Grand Tour Trophy (2011-2017) [*] International Endurance Series (2012-2017) [*]
GeneRally Polska Discord Server