What other games than GeneRally you play?

Discussions about hobbies, sports or anything else filling our lives time next to GeneRally.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Re: What other games than GeneRally you play?

Post by Lukeno94 »

When I got my Fanatec 911 Carrera wheel, it was by far the best option for anyone without an enormous budget - cost me less than £100, and yet is easily a match for a G27, if not better. And you can get a cheap wheel that is half-decent for around £30 (although it won't come close to a G25/G27, any Fanatec wheel or the top end Thrustmaster wheels)
1nsane

Post by 1nsane »

I tend to drive most of the driving games with my PS3 gamepad eventhough I have a wheel. I'm just too lazy to set up the wheel. :P And I don't have a proper place for the pedals so it's not that enjoyable. I only use the wheel for the "real simulators". And that's why I haven't played them for a couple of years now. :D

Anyways, I've been playing Football Manager 2012 quite a lot lately. It's so simple to keep it running at the same time while having a youtube video on the other screen. Right now I'm going for a total domination route with Barcelona. Especially Messi is just massacring the opposition. After this I'll propably go for some super low tier British team to see if it's possible at all to play with those. Especially with my very limited amount of knowledge on football tactics..
Check out my music at Youtube!
And don't forget my homepage Here!
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

It should be fun driving ETS with manual transmision and using cluth! :D Sooooo Hardcoreeeee
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

If I had ETS, I could do that - the Fanatec 911 Carrera has a clutch pedal and a six-speed shifter. :P I often drive with the stick, but without the clutch.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Lukeno94 wrote:If I had ETS, I could do that - the Fanatec 911 Carrera has a clutch pedal and a six-speed shifter. :P I often drive with the stick, but without the clutch.
But trucks have offen 12 gears :D
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Got to play Time Crisis 4 just now. Too bad I ended my run at the three-screens section because not only am I dead, but also ran out of credits and the arcade was about to close... :v
Y'all, I just woke up... what did I miss?

GeneRally Catalogue - [R]GARAGE - Twitter - Blog
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

FRUKIScze wrote:
Lukeno94 wrote:If I had ETS, I could do that - the Fanatec 911 Carrera has a clutch pedal and a six-speed shifter. :P I often drive with the stick, but without the clutch.
But trucks have offen 12 gears :D
Which is a fair point, I'd have to start using the paddles above sixth xD
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

In terms of cheap wheels, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Logitech Driving Force GT yet, it's possible to get for less than $100 and it's very good quality for the price... it's what I use :)

1nsane, I've also been playing FM lately...I don't like playing the big teams though, I usually "start as unemployed" with a low reputation so I end up with a really low team, usually a semi-pro Asian or South American team, and try to improve from there.
I like short, simple signatures!
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I looked at the Logitech, and found out that my wheel cost about the same, and was highly superior, so that would be why. :p
resir014

Post by resir014 »

I've recently started playing Metro 2033. It's the best underrated game I've ever played so far. Sure, it's not as polished as any other AAA titles out there (with the AIs being buggy, pretty resource-draining and stuff), but the storyline really makes up for it.
Rendy wrote:I AM!!!

But please don't get into conclusions first; I'm pretty bad at that and it's my first times in DoTA. I need to be competitive against my college classmates because I know the only things they'd play are DoTA and Counter Strike. Now they're more into former now...

I'm using Dark Archer/Freeze Archer. Anyone could suggest the best strategies for this hero?
Heh, I'm a noob in Dota as well (started playing Dota 2 since, like, less that 8 months ago). I've been training hard with a build for Viper I've gotten from my friend (he's kinda pro at Dota). Still doesn't have the guts to pick a random hero, and public games are scary. :worried:

If you guys do want to take a look at the new Dota 2, I have a couple of invites for you guys. :)
@resir014 | GWR Stats | My GeneRally Stuffs | Twitter
"When I have finished explaining you will understand less."
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

resir014 wrote:Heh, I'm a noob in Dota as well (started playing Dota 2 since, like, less that 8 months ago). I've been training hard with a build for Viper I've gotten from my friend (he's kinda pro at Dota). Still doesn't have the guts to pick a random hero, and public games are scary. :worried:

If you guys do want to take a look at the new Dota 2, I have a couple of invites for you guys. :)
I just started on the first Dota, but could you tell me how Dota 2 looks like?

Ah, is that Adventure Time on your sig, because my brother enjoys the show :)

resir014

Post by resir014 »

Rendy wrote:I just started on the first Dota, but could you tell me how Dota 2 looks like?
Dota 2 is somewhat a more easier version of the original, here are some of the new stuffs:

- All shops are now merged into one (a lot easier compared to the original. Item recipes are also easy to find)
- Steam integration (mainly because the game is developed by Valve now, IceFrog now works there apparently), with matchmaking, cosmetic item stores and stuffs.
- An awesome spectating tool. You can watch currently running games/tournaments in-game, also you can download replays for later viewing.
- Updated hero & map visuals (looks a lot better).
- Uses Source engine (Idek how they could implement it into a MOBA game)
Rendy wrote:Ah, is that Adventure Time on your sig, because my brother enjoys the show :)
Yes it is. :D
MidnightRunner

Post by MidnightRunner »

This game slightly reminds me GeneRally.
I've been playing the demo on PS3 and it is pretty fun. :bsmile:

Rendy

Post by Rendy »

MidnightRunner wrote:This game slightly reminds me GeneRally.
I've been playing the demo on PS3 and it is pretty fun. :bsmile:

Great game. If we can apply such view in the new GR, it'll be more awesome (since I myself drive better with that view...)

Btw, I'm into V8 Supercars Race Driver 2 right now. It's actually an Australian equivalent of Toca Race Driver 2. I played it once when I was in elementary, but now I revisit the game. It's got a great storyline to be honest that keeps me playing. I mean, you get tons of race series, a Scottish race manager, with an Australian/British woman who knows the world, and a fanservicey and overly crazy drama film maker girl as your sponsor. Wanted to do a "Let's Play" but I don't have resources... :(

Then I've got F355 Challenge. It's a PS2 port of the arcade, only this time you get to choose your color and your number. You can also drive the course or race against opponents with or without time limit.

And finally last night's loot, ChoroQ 3. It's a tiny cars race game for PSX, and it's fun as hell! (And somehow I recognize the soundtrack playing on the background in the Oval course...)

Otto Wilson
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Otto Wilson »

I bought a gamepad for racing games
It is a Thrustmaster GPX Lightblack, you can use on PC and X360
The controller is awesome and very precise

I've been playing lots of GPL since i got the gamepad :D
GPL.png
And GP4 too, this game is beautiful :yummy:
GP4_.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
resir014

Post by resir014 »

resir014 wrote:I've recently started playing Metro 2033. It's the best underrated game I've ever played so far. Sure, it's not as polished as any other AAA titles out there (with the AIs being buggy, pretty resource-draining and stuff), but the storyline really makes up for it.
In fact, in a span of 2 weeks, I've already finished it. Twice.

As I said, some technical issues occur when playing this game, but the eerie atmosphere and the awesome storyline is what makes me engaged.

I do recommend playing it. Also try the sequel, Metro: Last Light.
DuklaLiberec

Post by DuklaLiberec »

@Otto: Yeah, both GPL and GP4 are amazing racing simulators. I like GP4 more though, because I never got really familiar with GPL's handling and steering. Nonetheless, it gives you a jaw-dropping feeling when you drive a Lotus 49 amidst the woods of the Nordschleife, or a BT24 on the high speed circuit of Monza, or a Ferrari through the narrow roads of Monaco or something else along those lines. That is racing like in its good ol' times. :D
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

The Grimeloid

Post by The Grimeloid »

I don't know if I have posted in this thread here before, but here it goes:

As of now:

- International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (and the hacked versions below) (SNES)
--Futebol Brasileiro 96
--Futebol Brasileiro 99
--Fútbol Argentino 96
--Fútbol Peruano 97
--World Cup 1998
--1999-2000 edition (made by me)

- International Superstar Soccer 98 (N64)
- WWF Wrestlemania 2000 (N64)
- WWF No Mercy (N64)
- Virtual Pro Wrestling 2: Oudou Keishou) (N64)
- Fire Pro Wrestling 1 and Fire Pro Wrestling 2 (GBA)
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (N64)
- International Superstar Soccer 2000 (GBC)
- Australian Rugby League (Genesis)
- Rugby World Cup 95 (Genesis)
- NHL 98 (Genesis)

and I believe that's only
"He's FAT!" - Steiner, Scott

"YOU'VE GOT WILLY JAKES!" - Johnson, Ahmed

"Huuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH" - Penzer, Dave

"How do you come back from a performance like this? The answer is YOU DON'T!" - NFL Blitz 2001 commentator
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

When i was watching your second video (that with car) on mobile and then i look to related videos, and i saw Pewdiepie's video :D You are very popular xDDDDDDDDD
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

I haven't got very many views xD But I've put up quite a few short GTA vids recently.
Lukeno94
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Lukeno94 »

Spam/bump :p

AleksiNir
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by AleksiNir »

1nsane wrote:Anyways, I've been playing Football Manager 2012 quite a lot lately. It's so simple to keep it running at the same time while having a youtube video on the other screen. Right now I'm going for a total domination route with Barcelona. Especially Messi is just massacring the opposition. After this I'll propably go for some super low tier British team to see if it's possible at all to play with those. Especially with my very limited amount of knowledge on football tactics..
For a long time I've wanted to try out one of the Football Manager games, and I finally grabbed the 2013 version from the Steam sales yesterday. I decided to start off with my local football team JJK, and even though the game seems confusing I managed to win my first match 2-0, so I guess my tactics worked alright :mrgreen:

Other games I've bought from the sales so far are Sleeping Dogs, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Don't Starve. I'm still waiting for an opportunity to grab Far Cry 3 cheap. :)
Thunderstrucker

Post by Thunderstrucker »

Got my PS2 cleaned and renewed, and now I'm playing it a lot. :D

I have Battle Gear 3, Gran Turismo 4, Tourist Trophy, and a lot more games.
Facebook / YouTube 1 / YouTube 2 / Twitter / Steam

PSN accounts: Thunderstrucker2 - Thunderstruker - ThunderGearhead
Rendy

Post by Rendy »

Thunderstrucker wrote:Got my PS2 cleaned and renewed, and now I'm playing it a lot. :D

I have Battle Gear 3, Gran Turismo 4, Tourist Trophy, and a lot more games.
You have Battle Gear 3 too? :o

I have to say that game is really great, it's got this simulation-like physics that can keep you going. The only complex thing in that game is the Battle Gear mode where you must enter some code and your profile to access that mode, but there's customization too.

I also have Tokyo Road Race (Battle Gear 2), and have played Side by Side 2000 (PSX) btw... :)