Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: Track Ideas, W.I.P. Previews and Teasers v2

Post by Bouncebackability »

While the bus looks good, who parked it there when all the other roads have been closed off, this doesn't make much sense. Also I feel there should be more people around the edge of the roundabout turn . Otherwise looks great :bg:
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

the bus has not much sense but I like it ... with cones better? peoples like those?

thx for your advices
Attachments
norisville.PNG
Last edited by Von Mantov on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Now it's perfect IMO. I thing that now you can release it. :bg:
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
(last edit: 18/09/2020)
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

The bus brought all those spectators to see the race, of course! :geek:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

thx for support mates...
i wait other comment from the best trackmakers ....then i'll release it after my test with other screen resolution...
with imap objects it's very important
Attachments
norisville.PNG
Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

Maybe In the middle of roundel/plaza can be more than a single tree? For example small path from bottom to middle to a small memorial (e.g. to WWI veterans or so) with two ''national trees'' on each memorial's side? Just an idea, nothing necessary to be done. I'm not even sure, if there is enough place for something like that anyway. :)
YoNnie

Post by YoNnie »

Hello! I show you my track that I'm already doing: Bergstrecke
What I should add/correct?
Attachments
Bergstrecke.PNG
Upcoming: Calton Park | Sandhill | Rockfield | Riviera | I.D | I.D | I.D
ALL TRACKS
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

Some kind of scenery in the upper-right or maybe stands, it's far too empty... (although considering that the rest of the track has no stands, it might be good to leave it as just a "simple" track with only scenery)

That layout highly resembles Laguna Seca to me... is that intentional?
I like short, simple signatures!
Bouncebackability
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Bouncebackability »

The road width looks quite uneven through the first couple of corners. And I assume it is intentionally this narrow, have you tried racing other cars in it yet?

But like your last track, you need to take more time and care when placing walls, they're quite uneven, particularly the fence.

Finally, I wouldn't add any stands, just standing spectators where cars wont hit them, and the top right, after adding a cliff texture, I would just place some bushes in groups of two or three, no more than about 5 groups.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I think those sand things (like at the left down corner of the track) are kind of ugly. They don't fit the track anyways.

Also, you should do more with the edge of the road. It looks empty.

And, those trees are HORRID. They need to look more.. err, anyways, now they look like they've been put there in a pattern. It doesn't look nice.
For this, i always add a few bushes together to make one big bush, then put trees inside the bushes. All that in a bit of a random way.

And one more thing: do something with the POV. It doesn't make any of the track look good. Set the view angle a bit lower, and rotate towards the right (probably towards straight track in the middle down).
Do you have/need useful GeneRally tips & tricks?

Well...

The Great Track Tips & Tricks Topic
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

Hi all. I just want to ask you, what i should do. I know, that i must add some scenery, but that will bebe last thing, to add. First i must finish track. So what do you say?
Attachments
New Track.JPG
4 times pole-sitter in GRPL F2. Future GRPL F2POSTPONEDrace winner. 1 time best of the rest qualification in GRPL F1.
happy412

Post by happy412 »

@FRUKIScze: I like the layout of that track; it reminds me to the tracks in france (paul riccard) and texas/usa (austin). Looks pretty nice! Maybe you could make the schikane-variante a bit better, so that one have to break when taking the schikane ;)
Von Mantov

Post by Von Mantov »

listening to the Ivo advices ..
I have tried and retried again to create a monument in the square ...regrettably no good result came ... so I folded to the original idea with some more bush ... here the final result...today the final release....so...if you have any last words to say this is the right time... thanks to all those who have advised me :)
Attachments
norisville.PNG
FRUKIScze

Post by FRUKIScze »

happy412 wrote:@FRUKIScze: I like the layout of that track; it reminds me to the tracks in france (paul riccard) and texas/usa (austin). Looks pretty nice!
I have been inspired by Paul Richard. I have made combination of Austin, suzuka, and Barcelona.
happy412 wrote: Maybe you could make the schikane-variante a bit better, so that one have to break when taking the schikane ;)
Ok. I can try, but i don't have enough space IMO. But i can try it.
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

I'm almost done with this track. But, should i add/remove anything? I'm planning to do something with the hairpin in the top-right still.
Attachments
new track.PNG

Well...

Garbre
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Garbre »

I think it's okay like this, Wouter! Maybe those fences at the top of the hill make no sense so they could be removed, but that's not something that worth mentioning I think(...then I still mention it :really: ). But how about putting spectators there instead of fences. By the way, fences! I love those walls! I first saw them on Otto's track on the previous page and they just look so cool! :yummy: The hairpin looks great I think, though the kerbs could be more visible. No thoughts more than this, sorry... Looks great as it is! :bg:
Always sign your every work in GR! Or use .txt files to inform us about ownership!
*My tracks* Contact me on garbregr1.2@gmail.com
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Garbre wrote:I think it's okay like this, Wouter! Maybe those fences at the top of the hill make no sense so they could be removed, but that's not something that worth mentioning I think(...then I still mention it :really: ). But how about putting spectators there instead of fences. By the way, fences! I love those walls! I first saw them on Otto's track on the previous page and they just look so cool! :yummy: The hairpin looks great I think, though the kerbs could be more visible. No thoughts more than this, sorry... Looks great as it is! :bg:
hehehe... you mean the telephone poles + fence? Yup, i think i noticed them there too. I took a LOT of inspiration from other people's tracks here.

And here's what i did to the hairpin, inspired by (Von) Mantov!
hairpin.PNG
hairpin.PNG (40.03 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
And i thought i'd add some more to the starting area.
start.PNG
start.PNG (76.12 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
Thanks for the feedback BTW!

Well...

XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

I think it looks a bit too clean and almost "sharp". For example the cliffs seem to have no real transition at their ends. The cliffs per se look cool, but for my taste their edge is too clean. Also you made a winter road. Imagine there is snow in a city. Why isn't there any on the street? :D (Well, I actually see it's sprayed over the road at some places but almost not noticeable at all).
I think the pit-wall is unneccessary.

One thing which hurt my eye was the lamp and house in top-right, they're "on" the cliff texture...

Please leave the hairpin like before. In my opinion, it fits the track better. :yummy:

But otherwise the track looks great :)
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

XYY wrote:I think it looks a bit too clean and almost "sharp". For example the cliffs seem to have no real transition at their ends. The cliffs per se look cool, but for my taste their edge is too clean.
I'll see to fix the ends. With the road (and the tarmac in the cliffs) fixing it on its sides is a bit hard.
XYY wrote:Also you made a winter road. Imagine there is snow in a city. Why isn't there any on the street? :D (Well, I actually see it's sprayed over the road at some places but almost not noticeable at all).
I think the pit-wall is unneccessary.
Didn't do this yet, i probably will.

About the pit wall, there's some limiters in there and they would be hard to avoid otherwise.
XYY wrote:One thing which hurt my eye was the lamp and house in top-right, they're "on" the cliff texture...
Hmm... i thought i removed this. IDK, i have around 7 versions of this on my PC now.
XYY wrote:Please leave the hairpin like before. In my opinion, it fits the track better. :yummy:
Naww! That hairpin really seems to jump out for me. If that's the right word. I know, it fits the track better, but it looks too cool to remove!
XYY wrote:But otherwise the track looks great :)
Thanks!

Well...

Trigger Happy
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Trigger Happy »

WouterVL wrote:About the pit wall, there's some limiters in there and they would be hard to avoid otherwise.
So delete the limiters too maybe? Here it has no use and the pitline is not a shortcut anyway, so why to bother with limiters :)

There is no snow place (lawn), everything is quite stuffed by objects, so maybe removing something (e.g. trees inside turn in middle-middle or the road crossing the pit exit) may help. :scratch:

Very nice, wonderful kerbs! :yummy:
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Started about three hours ago on another track, and i REALLY need help at the grassy areas. They're too hard to fill up.
Attachments
fullscreen.PNG

Well...

Dragon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Dragon »

Here's a preview of my next track, it will be a "chibi" version of Mallory Park.
How can I fill the grass area in bottom-left?
I tried to make the layout more similar as possible to the original, the surroundings are fictional but I want to keep some elements of the original rwl.
How can I recreate the wall solution at the hairpin in bottom-right? I would it be as close as possible to the Shaw's Hairpin.. :scratch: http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/ ... 12ae1f.jpg
Attachments
wip.png
Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

@Dragon, that looks rather nice. Maybe try Small Hedges and Sunk Tyres to recreate the green/white and make it go around the corner? Just a thought. You can fill the grass in the corner by making a garden. I'm not sure what it's like in the real world but that's a guess.

I'll leave this here too. Will probably go for a jungle scenery since I lost my last WIP :doh:
Attachments
tibrotney.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here
SammieVL

Post by SammieVL »

Crowella, that's nice! Maybe there should be some banking in the S just left to the start (not saying there should be much btw).
Dragon wrote:How can I recreate the wall solution at the hairpin in bottom-right? I would it be as close as possible to the Shaw's Hairpin.. :scratch:
I'm not sure what you mean, but try putting a concrete wall, after that hedges, after that a concrete wall... i hope you get what i mean.

Also, you are probably the perfect person to help with my own WIP, it's above yours... :)

Well...

Crowella
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Crowella »

WouterVL wrote:Crowella, that's nice! Maybe there should be some banking in the S just left to the start (not saying there should be much btw).
Err, probably should actually show a pic of the banking. Off camber at the start, then it pulls you in slightly mid way through the S. Then you go slightly off camber again which slides you down the track a bit and puts you into a good position for the banked last corner in the picture below which ends up going for a lot longer due to the next big climb. You end up having a smooth drive down it that doesn't feel like you are "on rails". :bg: I would actually call this a challenge. ;)

Should probably mention that 8 is the lowest point of the S and 255 is the highest point up the top there because I am actually guilty of not using much HMap a lot of the time. I actually had 0 as the lowest point but I needed to pull it back slightly so it feels just right and not too steep :shhh:
Attachments
whoa.jpg
View my archived circuits/cars here