[ral] Namcap Rally

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
PacmanOwnage

[ral] Namcap Rally

Post by PacmanOwnage »

Two milestones in one thread, My first track posted here & the tracks forum 500th topic :heyea: :clap: :heyea:

But onto the track

Long absence from track making, as you will probably tell :P

But it's here... and it's a rally, shock i know... but what more is there to say, name is very inventive... Pacman... spelt backwards :scratch:

Objects: quite a few trees, 3 pits, 6 starts... and a haybale or two

So...enjoy it i guess? :sweatdrop:

Edit: Version two on post 7
Attachments
Namcap Rally.zip
(65.44 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
screen.png
Last edited by PacmanOwnage on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
zgr

Re: [ral] Namcap Rally

Post by zgr »

:rocks: very funny , but the ai line is not good, i always win :winner:
4\5
Hello.
Herbal
GeneRally Carmaster

Post by Herbal »

What I can see from the first sight is that the track can't be accessed. I mean you should have made some paths leading to the track as I think these stages should be rather closed muddy roads. The trees are IMO also too dense, I'd cut out some of those, (and I say this as a green supporter! :mrgreen:) try to use bushes and stones instead. There's also some Hmap, but to be honest I'd make that one more drastic. :2c:
Founder and ex-administrator of GeneRally International Forum
Räbinä Awards: Competition organizer 2012, Carmaker 2014
My racing career, my tracks, and my cars
Halama

Post by Halama »

A1 Ring rally? :goodvibes: :hyper: :goodvibes:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Halama wrote:A1 Ring rally? :goodvibes: :hyper: :goodvibes:
oh, yeah, now i see it too :D
@halama: do you work at a track? i wait so long for a new track...:D
Hello.
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

DXTR wrote:What I can see from the first sight is that the track can't be accessed. I mean you should have made some paths leading to the track as I think these stages should be rather closed muddy roads. The trees are IMO also too dense, I'd cut out some of those, (and I say this as a green supporter! :mrgreen:) try to use bushes and stones instead. There's also some Hmap, but to be honest I'd make that one more drastic. :2c:
I was looking at it for a while just before uploading it... and thinking should i add a access point... or not?

Then i thought nah... keep it like Motorstorm, dropped in via helicopters :D

I cut a few tress from the top, but personally i just couldn't cut the right trees from spots, whenever i did... it just didn't look right? :shrug:

As for the Hmap, i thought it was fine... for the area it's based in :P

And cheers for the other comments people, and zegarek... guess you'll have to use a higher AI :lol:

when the time is right, I'll tweak it and update the first post, might even go for the 'Namcap pack' of things like a circuit, road, city and so on
PacmanOwnage

Re: [ral] Namcap Rally V.2

Post by PacmanOwnage »

So... a bit of 'backstory' to the 'version 2' of Namcap Rally

After local rally enthusiasts heard about the logging in Namcap Forest, they took it upon themselves to create a small stage, on the weekends when no lumbejacks were about. Using the tracks left by the larger vehicles used to bring down the trees, they cut their own circuit through it, although there is still no real safety measures throughout.

Changes made:
Obvious ones are the objects and lmap, made the 'house' on the right into a small camp type area, added a small work area up from where the water used to be.
Created two entrances to the track
Created actual pits, with make-shift garages
Deleted the water to make for higher shift in Hmap
Pretty much completely edited Hmap
Deleted a few things here and there, and within a space on the left made a deserted route
And reworked AI line

There you go, hopefully some of the changes were correct. I took the decision to remove the water upon myself, as it just didn't look right, it was there originally to add a different colour(s) to the scenery.

Comments apreciated :goodvibes:
Attachments
Shot.png
Namcap Rally.zip
(65.38 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
PacmanOwnage

Post by PacmanOwnage »

:sweatdrop: bump :sweatdrop:

...Surely one person must have a comment, was the changes good/bad/worth posting again? :shrug:
chapnis

Post by chapnis »

Haven't driven it but it looks a lot more interesting (the new one) and I think the removal of water was a good thing.
egamad
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by egamad »

I think the changes improved the track, but there is still potential left for improving. :|
I still think the forest is too dense (or better yet, too equally dense). The hmap is fun, but it could be more diverse, at least at the long straights that can get boring quickly. You should add at least one if not more pitcrews, there's enough space for it, too. And the campsite doesn't look good to me. :shrug: It's very enclosed by trees, and the fences look messy.

Overall, I'd give it a 6.2/10, and could easily score a 7 with those things fixed. :bg:
Visit My GeneRally site!
Join the Joint Effort Tree (JET) project here!