[rwl] [cir] Velopark 2011

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
Bruno Asp

[rwl] [cir] Velopark 2011

Post by Bruno Asp »

This last weekend, happened the Step 4 of the Stock Car Brazil. The proof was in the International Race of Velopark. This year, the circuit has undergone a change in his path: he won a new section - increasing its length to 2.278 km - and a new outlet box.

Taking into account that, I used to reshape the version of this circuit that I had submitted last year. This reshuffle takes into account - as highlighted in the images:

1) Repositioning of the pits, leaving them closer to reality;
2) New section of track and a new outlet box;
3) Repositioning of a bridge over the track, considering the reality;
4) Redesign of the exhaust all areas, making them more reliable;
5) Highlight the exhaust area that already existed, but was overshadowed by other items;
6) Repositioning of the curve and pedestrian walkways.

All these changes were made ​​in order to make the Velopark11 very close to reality!

More information here http://www.velopark.com.br/site2011/site/index.php and here http://stockcar.globo.com/

Enjoy!

Greetings from Brazil
Attachments
19_m.jpg
Velopark11Alter.jpg
Velopark11.jpg
Velopark11.zip
(925.03 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Bruno Asp
Velocidade na alma/ Speed in the soul/ Velocidad en el Alma
All my tracks: http://www.gene-rally.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=645
Black Rebel
GeneRally Trackmaster

Re: [rwl] [cir] Velopark 2011

Post by Black Rebel »

Hey Bruno, really great upgrade of the circuit for the 2011 version. Thanks for the work.

Now, just let me be a bit critical with you (as a friendly voice :) ) because I know yo have great skills and you are only two steps far from releasing master pieces. I think you should take care of some important things in order to make a better job. OK, so here we go: this circuit is a great improvement, but IMO I think the layout is a bit deformed, the track should be a bit more longer and a bit less squared (look at the track map attached in your track presentation). Also, the corneres are a bit edgy and sharp, when they should be more rounded and smooth. a little improve I recomend you to do beacuse the circuit will win a lot withthem. Also, where you placed a pedestrian bridges, it should be a Flat Bridge with some Hmap work on it, as it looks more like the acces road to the paddock than a pedestrian road.

I don´t use to be critical at all Bruno, but as I´ve said you are veeeery close to make fantastic circuits and to me as [rwl] fan is a little shame you get sooo close.

Hope you understand my good intentions.
pepsibottle1

Post by pepsibottle1 »

Very good track Bruno, as always. The only thing that bugs me about it is that the final section coming onto the home straight is like Rebel said, a bit less radical than that of the real life track. Other than that, this is pretty much flawless. Great stuff Bruno, great rendition of one of my favorite tracks in Brazil. Fun to race on and very detailed!

89/100
Hannu, who art in Finland, Räbinä be thy name. Sim racers come, races are won, at Agari, as at Xupong. Give us this day our version 1.11, and forgive us all our impatience, as we race against those who challenge against us. Lead us not into boredom, but deliver us from work. For thine is the GeneRally, and the AI, and the race cars. Amen!
XYY
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by XYY »

The only real problem I see here is that the track touches the boundaries at the top-right.
Why don't you try to edit the track with GR track converter, because there is still some space on the left side?
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Black Rebel wrote:Hey Bruno, really great upgrade of the circuit for the 2011 version. Thanks for the work.

Now, just let me be a bit critical with you (as a friendly voice :) ) because I know yo have great skills and you are only two steps far from releasing master pieces. I think you should take care of some important things in order to make a better job. OK, so here we go: this circuit is a great improvement, but IMO I think the layout is a bit deformed, the track should be a bit more longer and a bit less squared (look at the track map attached in your track presentation). Also, the corneres are a bit edgy and sharp, when they should be more rounded and smooth. a little improve I recomend you to do beacuse the circuit will win a lot withthem. Also, where you placed a pedestrian bridges, it should be a Flat Bridge with some Hmap work on it, as it looks more like the acces road to the paddock than a pedestrian road.

I don´t use to be critical at all Bruno, but as I´ve said you are veeeery close to make fantastic circuits and to me as [rwl] fan is a little shame you get sooo close.

Hope you understand my good intentions.
Dude, do not worry! Criticism, when constructive, is always more than welcome! Andanother, when we expose our work is precisely because we want to know what people think about him. Then, when dealing with purposeful criticism coming from you, then yes,I am even more happy and peaceful.

On its face, I can tell you're right about everything. In fact, the layout is out of proportionwith reality. The comparison I make is my stroke is kind of a "square" and would be thecorrect lane in a more "rectangular". This is true even for the first version. There aremany excuses for this, such as the limited size of the GR, the lack of time to devote myself more (so much that I used the base of the circuit last year, for not bothering tostart from scratch) ... finally ... I think all this gives to resolve more calmly.

Regarding the bridge ... My problem, as I said in another post, are HMAPs. I really do not know how to move gaps. I do not know and do not currently have much time to learn.So .. the solution was to "simulate" a bridge to the catwalks ...

Well, later on, I'll try to study ways to learn to deal with that my limitation.

Finally, I will try to redo that track 0, with this route, taking into account their statements -even without the bridge ... lol

Greetings!
Bruno Asp
Scorpion

Post by Scorpion »

It's great! Best for you! :D
Allan Simonsen, Sean Edwards, Andrea de Cesaris, Renzo Zorzi, Jules Bianchi... God please save my buddies... hope that more won't ever go away too fast
Bruno Asp

Post by Bruno Asp »

Scorpion wrote:It's great! Best for you! :D
Thanks Man!!
Bruno Asp