GR FormulaGP 2015 by IGRL [Race] [HL]

Whether you're a rookie or a pro, you'll find here the right series for you.
maclape

Re: GR FormulaCup 2015 by IGRL [Race] [HL]

Post by maclape »

Will this be allowed?
Attachments
shot0001.png
zgr

Post by zgr »

maclape wrote:Will this be allowed?
http://generallyformulacup.webnode.com/rules/ wrote:Shortcutting results in 10 seconds penalty (Shortcutting is, when all four wheels leave the track AND there is an advantage)!
There is a clear advantage...but if all 4 wheels leave the track...it's a very close decision...but i think THIS is okay, But it shouldn't repeat every lap :)
Hello.
zgr

Post by zgr »

IMPORTANT!!!

Yesterday JoBi and me skyped with WinCar and we talked about the rules of the FormulaCup and we talked about one important thing: The point system.
We have a very big list of drivers and teams...very big and strong list of drivers...and now the important thing...

Do you think you should make the point-system bigger?
Me and WinCar said: 25-20-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 or maybe 25-21-18-16-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

In fact, the first 15 drivers should get points....

other thing can be only the first 12 drivers get points or (like now) we stay at our point-system...

OF COURSE THE POINTS OF THE FIRST TWO RACES WILL BE CHANGED, TOO!

When the first 15 drivers will get points, it will be an advantage for everybody, i think....
What do you think?
Hello.
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

I'm for the 2nd system: 25-21-18-16-14-12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 ;)

And this is a good idea. ;)
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
Windblitz Motorsports GWR-stats
My GR-stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

The more the merrier, have you thought about extra point just for participation (as in GRC)?
zgr

Post by zgr »

kuba wrote:The more the merrier, have you thought about extra point just for participation (as in GRC)?
Yep, I thought about participation-points, leading-lap-points or fastest-lap-points, but we denied this ideas really quick :sweatdrop:

But I think we will use a new point-system with 15 drivers ;) update this evening
Hello.
puttz

Post by puttz »

kuba wrote:The more the merrier, have you thought about extra point just for participation (as in GRC)?
This imo is a good idea, I also employ this in some of my compos, it gives incentive to show up to race. It gets discouraging to drivers when the same few people are the onl ones who score points. That along with an expanded points system might work well.
April 2012 rookie of the month, winner CoM Nov/Dec 2013 (NASCAR CWTS 2013), Jan/Feb 2014 (NASCAR Sprint Cup 2014) and Sep/Oct 2014 (TUDOR USC GT Lemans), Winner 2013 Competition Organizer Rabina Award
Volcano Motorsports
Check out my stuff
Owner and promoter of NAGRCA
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

zgr wrote:I think we will use a new point-system with 15 drivers ;) update this evening
Wowowow! :greybeard:
We had similar discussion here recently, and I wrote:
Shuher wrote:I don't think tough points system is a problem. I think it's not normal that someone takes a huge amout of them by just finishing the race, like in GTT, for example. The scoring zone has to be not more than half of the pack, IMO.
I would only advice to Marcinho to follow everyone's results carefully and classify everyone by the best finishing position in case of equal amount of points, including zero (like in real F-1, for example). This would motivate the fight out of top six as well.
And I'm ready to repeat it here. Thing is that a point should be a thing of some value, IMO, not just something you get for starting in race. Going for points is the main component of motivation.
And the classification by best finish in case of equal points would eliminate those "=" sings in the compo table, so that even the non-scorers will be in front of the people they've beaten in races - that should reduce their frustration ("well, I'm in front of this guy with reputation, and that experienced fellow at least!") - that's kinda "fair and square".

Regarding to the bonus points you guys mentioned:
Point for finishing: It won't help fair classification at all, as everyone will get them. But it would be unfair, if someone will beat maclape, who missed Montslater, by one point, taken for finishing 20th in that race, at the end of the season - don't you think? And fairplay is the main ingridient of fun. So - contra here.
Point for BL and leadership: Nice idea, but it's tend to be that the winner is the best lap author and most frequent leader in the first 2 races - seems pointless in this compo... But I don't mind in general. If there was qualy here, there definitely should have been a bonus piont for pole.

In the first 2 races the pack size was 25 and 28, and 12 is close to middle of this amount, so I would rather keep current system.

And BTW - what will you do with those previous seasons statistics page? It has to be either eliminated or recalculated, otherwise it's pontless...
zgr

Post by zgr »

Thanks guys :)
Well @Shuher... I understand your argumentation, but in fact, IMO there are always the same drivers at the moment who will score points...even always the same teams. That's why I think about 15 drivers, so teams like hSpeed, Tech6 Lambda, ECOlogic and Phoenix would earn some points...and 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 point(s) isn't that much.
Shuher wrote:And BTW - what will you do with those previous seasons statistics page? It has to be either eliminated or recalculated, otherwise it's pontless...
The statistic would stay the same...like in Formula 1, when they changed there point system.
2015 FORMULA CUP MTN SOUTH AFRICAN GRAND PRIX
2015 FormulaCup - MTN South African Grand Prix.PNG
The London Race Course is an very old circuit, located in East London, South Africa. The 760m long circuit have three long straights and fast turns, a dream for ferrari-drivers. Can Maclape repeat his win from Watchtower?

Deadline: 23:59 on Sunday, April 12th, 2015
Hello.
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

zgr wrote:Well @Shuher... I understand your argumentation, but in fact, IMO there are always the same drivers at the moment who will score points...even always the same teams. That's why I think about 15 drivers, so teams like hSpeed, Tech6 Lambda, ECOlogic and Phoenix would earn some points...and 5, 4, 3, 2 or 1 point(s) isn't that much.
Well, even regardless to the fact that everyone's in the same condition and all they have to do is to drive better... Only 2 races behind, and cars are different - there will be tracks, where they will have better chances. I would't change anything until race 5 at least...
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

So Guys, this is my application for a one race only at the GR Formula Cup, because PGR F1 comes soon.
But for this round I´m in. :bsmile:

1. Nickname: GR Driver
2. E-Mail: Eric.Albrecht15@gmail.com
3. Nationality: Germany
4. Helmet Colour: R255/G000/B000
5. Team: Volvo - Team SpeedForm

GR Driver will finally race in the GR Formula Cup for the first, but perhaps only time.

Greetz GR Driver
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
"I´m proud to be back as GR Driver in the world of GeneRally in the year 2015!"
maclape

Post by maclape »

Welcome :bg: (a brief one I guess)
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

Yes, it's true, but my priorities are set on PGR F1 from Monday on. But now Maclape, I enjoy our time as teammates, before it goes more unfriendly in PGR F1, when we become bitter rivals. :D
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
NicolasP

Post by NicolasP »

I sent my race now, was a funny race and with almost no mistakes, i hope to reach the Top 10. :misch:
maclape

Post by maclape »

A little over 1 hour until the deadline correct? Thinking about trying to improve my time or catching up on "The Americans" :D
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

I forgot, the Deadline was today. I even forgot, it was Sunday and the Weekend is over now. :doh:
So, as I didn't even made a Single try, I either have to start as a guest driver in the next race or we make an exception this time, that allows me to drive afterwards in early midday.
I would drive now, but as I have to gain some sleep before the third molar operation today at 9am, II'm not going to drive just now.
Greetz GR
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
zgr

Post by zgr »

GR Driver and Lindstroem sent there pack after deadline, BUT there wrote me before and I gave them the permission.

RESULTS
STANDINGS
NEW RULE: 15 DRIVERS WILL GAIN POINTS NOW, NOT ONLY TOP 10! Updated for Montslater and Watchtower, too.
London, South Africa.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 148 times
London, South Africa (2).zip
(923.57 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Again, go to the Press Area on the homepage and leave a comment with the Subject: "South African GP"

See ya next week in Parla :)
Last edited by zgr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello.
Skyrpon

Post by Skyrpon »

Yeahh! I'm into top10, finally...
Shuher

Post by Shuher »

Skyrpon wrote:Yeahh! I'm into top10, finally...
GJ! :bg:
Aaand! This example shows it's not like the same 10 people in points every race... The new system is a mistake IMO :ouch:
zgr

Post by zgr »

Shuher wrote:
Skyrpon wrote:Yeahh! I'm into top10, finally...
GJ! :bg:
Aaand! This example shows it's not like the same 10 people in points every race... The new system is a mistake IMO :ouch:
Well, it was a very hard decision...when you see, even guys like Skyrpon and The Carter reached the Top 10 (great work guys)!
But most of the drivers like here in the topic or over private messages said that the new point-system will be better (about 8-2 voices for the new system)

I know maybe some other guys prefer only Top 10, too, but you still can be glad to finish in top 10 AND be glad about finishing in the points with 14th place, specially the "small" teams :)
It's a big and very strong list of drivers this season :o

Not everybody is amused about it, but I hope it won't be a big problem for you ;)
Hello.
GR Driver

Post by GR Driver »

Well, what can I say? I didn´t expected to be near podium, but I also didn´t saw that many strong and fast drivers coming.
But my race attempt wasn´t that good, because I had some contacts with AI´s and my performance wasn´t so good overall...
So, that´s why I became 23rd this time, with only 8 seconds behind the winner. :D
That shows, how good and consistent the entire field here has evolved.
I wasn´t very serious with this race here, because I only had one try and so it turned out to be a huge dropback at the end of the field.
I hope that, if I ever start here again, I´m able to put on a much better performance.
But soon in PGR F1, I´ll be better.

Sorry, that I couldn´t help Maclape and Team SpeedForm - Volvo in the constructors standings.
But anyway,

Congratulations to Maclape! :clap: :wow: :cflag:

Greetz GR Driver
?
. ?
. ?

PGR F1 Driver in?
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

ivaneurope wrote:BekkerRacing has not appeared for a second race in a row - that's strike 2. If he makes strike 3 I will have no choice, but to release him from his contract. If that happens I may merge my team with maclape's Team SpeedForm as I have little to no time to search for another driver
@Ivaneurope: Well, he made the 3rd strike, but you've also made the 3rd strike. :shhh: And, if you fire him, he can go to Court and (maybe) force you to give your 2nd seat back (like VanDerGarden). :shhh:
R.I.P. Caterham F1 (2010-2015) @ R.I.P. best TopGear (2002-2015) R.I.P. Jules Bianchi (1989-2015)
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

It's Ivan's 2nd strike, he raced in 1st round.

BTW it's quite bad example when organizer don't have time to participate...
RobertRacer

Post by RobertRacer »

kuba wrote:It's Ivan's 2nd strike, he raced in 1st round.
Nope, he didn't raced there. I checked it.

BTW, I'm talking about GR FormulaCup NOT about GR TouringCup. :P :shhh:
Rex on Twitter
My GWR racing career
My GR-stuff
kuba

Post by kuba »

Oh, yeah, that's what's in spoiler :)