Welcome everyone to another season of GRPL F1 & F2 championship, the most competitive GR racing competition which returns this November to write its ninth chapter after the successful community revival in 2018. This will be the official thread of the championship, but in order to fully experience our competition you are warmly welcomed to join us via the link below.
GRPL Discord: https://discord.gg/3pqsD9n
Overview of the series
Currently the championship is divided into 2 racing categories:
- Real F1 teams managed by Team Managers who recruit best drivers available
- Longer races (15km) and faster cars
- More advanced rules resulting in significant strategic opportunities
- For more experienced or/and ambitious players
- Real-life F2 teams which function as junior F1 teams, supervised by the same Team Managers that manage F1 teams
- Simpler rules: no strategies, shorter races (10km), slower cars, lower tyre wear
- Good for veterans as well as for aspiring players to whom it's just another step on their way to F1
- The same calendar as F1, although simplified track layouts are often used
General info & rules
- English version of rulebook is available on our discord server, but here is a brief overview:
- Team Managers responsible for hiring and participation of drivers
- 8 races
- Qualifying [HL] + race [TT] format (Q determines a starting position for race) with classic Login System (+3 minutes)
- Deadlines for qualifying sessions on Thursdays, for races - on Sundays
- 7 laps of qualifying in F1, 5 laps in F2 / 15 km race in F1, 10 km race in F2 - no AI
Cars & tracks
We use the finest collection of real world tracks created by best trackmakers in Generally, including Maciej1, Areen, Sartalas, Gabor Kozma, futuredesign and others.
- Codegua - 13.11.22 (pre-season testing)
- Puebla - (17-20).11.22
- Reem - (24-27).11.22
- Rosario - (1-4).12.22
- Poznań - (8-11).12.22
- Newcastle - (15-18).12.22
- Pukekohe - (5-8).01.23
- Anderstorp - (12-15).01.23
- Adria - (19-22).01.23
Will be available soon on our discord server (link above) under F1 & F2 section.
How to sign up?
Write a post in this topic or on #signup channel on our Discord server. List of Team Managers who have free seats can be found in #calendar-entrylist channel. After signing up you will receive your login data from the administrator.
If you missed all of our previous seasons, get ready for the icing on the cake - this is the first competition ever where the results are streamed live on YouTube, so apart from the usual thrill at login, there's another dose of excitement as you watch yourself racing in front of the entire field - sometimes overtaking oyur opponents as your dart through the top, sometimes struggling to keep your low-scoring position, sometimes even gaining or losing a few positions on the final lap. Thanks to Lerhond's remarkable editing skills that's something we can experience every week, and the broadcasts of all our past races can be found on our official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA9lju ... 9YQXFWzgiw