[cir] Melrano & [cir] Jokky

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
aliman

[cir] Melrano & [cir] Jokky

Post by aliman »

Hello!

I bring you two new tracks that are in no way related, I just didn't want to create two different topics. :)

Melrano Circuit (left) and Jokky (right).

WS 180 and 200 respectively.

Just your basic, run-of-the-mill tracks. Somewhere between FIA Grade 1 and your local karting tracks.

Jokky has a distinct pepsodent-colored kerbing.

Melrano combines, in both name and character, two great GR tracks. Can you guess which ones?
Melrano is definitely my favorite of the two, probably the best circuit I've ever created. Absolutely among my favorites from my own creations. The track has a very Eau Rouge-Radillon-esque corner on the left side.

Feel free to comment! :bsmile: :up:

Preview.JPG
Melrano & Jokky.rar
(103.79 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
Kikwik

Re: [cir] Melrano & [cir] Jokky

Post by Kikwik »

Had some time to test your tracks, even if WS is 180-200 it seems smaller so it's a good thing for me at least who prefer small tracks.

Personally I prefer Jokky over Melrano because it's smoother and less demanding, more accessible. Melrano is more a challenge as the racing line is not obvious in the first laps (because of Hmap maybe). But both have good layouts and drive super well.

As always your tracks are visually pleasing, special mention for the stands and sunshades of Melrano. The landscapes around the tracks makes them well integrated with their surroundings.
Jokky has a distinct pepsodent-colored kerbing.
Makes me chuckle. :P
Melrano combines, in both name and character, two great GR tracks. Can you guess which ones?
Mmh... :scratch: You're quite a riddler uh ? :D I'm quite clueless on this one.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
aliman

Post by aliman »

Kikwik wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:38 am Mmh... :scratch: You're quite a riddler uh ? :D
OMG I didn't even realize how often I do this. :D Checked some of my previous posts and there are so many of these little riddles. :doh:

Well I'll save you the trouble and just show you.
shot0205.JPG
shot0206.JPG
It's Fiorano and Melrose Park. Just look at Fiorano from finish line all the way to the hairpin after the bridge. Love the flow of Fiorano and the "first sector" of Melrose Park.
Emil Patanen
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Emil Patanen »

Good tracks! I liked Melrano more. I think it's funnier to play on and also visually bit better. But I like those colorful kerbs of Jokky.
Kikwik wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:38 am Melrano is more a challenge as the racing line is not obvious in the first laps (because of Hmap maybe).
Interesting that Kikwik found Melrano to be more challenging. For me Jokky was definitely bigger challenge. At least I had difficulties against AI drivers at Jokky whilst in Melrano I could beat the AI easily :gr:
Latest releases:
Tracks: [ovl] Riabate | [cir] Yeavy | [mic] [ovl] Xandom ||| More at My Website
Cars: [cpk] Update of Original GeneRally Cars by Emil
Kikwik

Post by Kikwik »

Emil Patanen wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:17 pm Interesting that Kikwik found Melrano to be more challenging. For me Jokky was definitely bigger challenge. At least I had difficulties against AI drivers at Jokky whilst in Melrano I could beat the AI easily :gr:
Well that's because I race alone on the tracks. :sweatdrop: So it's more about the layout.

With AI it's like racing against metal plated rhinos, it's so annoying.

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database