[ral] Forester

Gravel, tarmac, snow. Whatever the surface, you'll find it here.
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

[ral] Forester

Post by TuomoH »

Here's my Christmas present to all of you! :santa: Right now I have the feeling that this might be my last track... Last track for GR1, that is. :mrgreen:

Forester is a rally track where the road is lower than the surrounding ground. This one was mostly made in 2014, today I edited the visuals to fit better my current style and added the AI line. The AI has been designed for the original Monstertruck.

Hope you have fun and feel free to comment! :cool2:
Attachments
forester.jpg
forester.zip
(71.39 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Kikwik

Re: [ral] Forester

Post by Kikwik »

Reminds me a little of Rahli, the new default track you made for GR as it has the same lowered mud wet layout but Forester is way better in every aspects.

The houses makes me think of how the life would be, as people may use kayaks or canoes when there's water, and little off-road vehicles when it's dried like there. I love the natural dam made with rocks, if it's a dam though, at the bottom right corner. I could imagine that people may use it at their convenience for many purposes. Textures of ground are well made and it's filled with nearly only nature objects and nature made layout, so lovely environment. :)

About the driving it's quite challenging because you have Hmap on each side that makes you lose some time and some little bumps that you have to take well for an optimal race. I tried to race with AI, could gain some places but quickly losed them because mainly of the curved Hmap that makes you jump or lose grip. The most difficult parts are the last corners that makes a chicane and the top right corner where there is the sign waiting for you to crush into, and you'll understand quickly why there's a pit stop just aside. :D

Maybe that's because of driving the Monstertruck and I don't have the habit, but will train on this new track to sharpen my skills. :)

Thanks for Forester, it ends up nicely your GR1 career if you decide to stop there. So see you in GR2 ! :goal:

The Unofficial Archivist of GR1 - Founder of the GR Database
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks a lot for your detailed comment, Kikwik. :hattip:

Btw, this track is also actually a part of GR2 history. I made this for testing purposes 8 years ago but as the project took unexpected turns, eventually this track was left unused. :D
Aeon
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by Aeon »

I want a rally track pack of this. More narrow roads and longer stages, but same look and feel. Love the giant slab of exposed rock in the corner. Reminds me of places I’ve hiked.
Aeon's Advance Series Tracks
You can do whatever you want with my tracks, just give me credit please. (I like to check in once in a while and see if anyone is doing anything interesting with my stuff!)
TuomoH
GeneRally Trackmaster

Post by TuomoH »

Thanks for your comment, Aeon, glad you like it. :)